Merge multiple wifi APs and broadband into fat pipe

I have broadband DSL and access to a couple of my friends' broadband wifi
access points from my Desktop system. Is there a way to "glue" all these
connections together to create one big, fat pipe to the Web? I realize
that latency wouldn't be improved but what about upload/download speeds for
things like bittorrent which I use to download Linux distros?

Thanks for your help,
Mitchua
4 answers Last reply
More about merge multiple wifi broadband pipe

    Yes it can be done but it would be very very expensive. First thing
    your going to need is a enterprise grade router like Cisco and the
    software and know how to do a multilink connection.

    Good luck

    K Bloch wrote:

    > Yes it can be done but it would be very very expensive. First thing
    > your going to need is a enterprise grade router like Cisco and the
    > software and know how to do a multilink connection.
    >
    > Good luck

    Let me just grab that wad of $1000's in my backpocket ;-)

    Guess it was a pipe dream. hahah Get it? hahahaa

    --Mitchua

    > Mitchua <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
    >> I have broadband DSL and access to a couple of my friends' broadband wifi
    >> access points from my Desktop system. Is there a way to "glue" all these
    >> connections together to create one big, fat pipe to the Web? I realize
    >> that latency wouldn't be improved but what about upload/download speeds
    >> for things like bittorrent which I use to download Linux distros?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help,
    >> Mitchua

    find a copy of midpoint gateway or companion
    then I dont see any reason you cant do it.

    bumtracks wrote:

    > find a copy of midpoint gateway or companion
    > then I dont see any reason you cant do it.

    Thanks for the hint. I found a review of the Midpoint software at
    http://www.serverwatch.com/stypes/servers/index.php/16083 and it seems like
    it will do what I want but their website is down. I'll keep checking back.

    --Mitchua

    > "Mitchua" <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
    >> K Bloch wrote:
    >>
    >> > Yes it can be done but it would be very very expensive. First thing
    >> > your going to need is a enterprise grade router like Cisco and the
    >> > software and know how to do a multilink connection.
    >> >
    >> > Good luck
    >>
    >> Let me just grab that wad of $1000's in my backpocket ;-)
    >>
    >> Guess it was a pipe dream. hahah Get it? hahahaa
    >>
    >> --Mitchua
    >>

    >> > Mitchua <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
    > wifi
    > these

Broadband Download WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Networking