Merge multiple wifi APs and broadband into fat pipe

I have broadband DSL and access to a couple of my friends' broadband wifi
access points from my Desktop system. Is there a way to "glue" all these
connections together to create one big, fat pipe to the Web? I realize
that latency wouldn't be improved but what about upload/download speeds for
things like bittorrent which I use to download Linux distros?

Thanks for your help,
Mitchua

Yes it can be done but it would be very very expensive. First thing
your going to need is a enterprise grade router like Cisco and the
software and know how to do a multilink connection.

Good luck

K Bloch wrote:

> Yes it can be done but it would be very very expensive. First thing
> your going to need is a enterprise grade router like Cisco and the
> software and know how to do a multilink connection.
>
> Good luck

Let me just grab that wad of $1000's in my backpocket ;-)

Guess it was a pipe dream. hahah Get it? hahahaa

--Mitchua

> Mitchua <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
>> I have broadband DSL and access to a couple of my friends' broadband wifi
>> access points from my Desktop system. Is there a way to "glue" all these
>> connections together to create one big, fat pipe to the Web? I realize
>> that latency wouldn't be improved but what about upload/download speeds
>> for things like bittorrent which I use to download Linux distros?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Mitchua

find a copy of midpoint gateway or companion
then I dont see any reason you cant do it.

bumtracks wrote:

> find a copy of midpoint gateway or companion
> then I dont see any reason you cant do it.

Thanks for the hint. I found a review of the Midpoint software at
http://www.serverwatch.com/stypes/servers/index.php/16083 and it seems like
it will do what I want but their website is down. I'll keep checking back.

--Mitchua