Florescent bulb blowing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a Megatouch that the marquee bulb was out on. I put a new bulb
in and it started to light and then blew out. Do I need a new fixture
or is there something I could check? Would a standard Home Depot
fixture work as a replacement?

Your ballast is blown. Replace the ballast and bulb and everything
should be fine.

I replaced both the ballast and bulb and it is still dead. Any other
ideas what it could be?

hmm..only other thing "in the loop" is the lamp starter..i am assuming
you rewired the ballast correctly? Unless maybe there is a fuse that
JUST feeds the 120 line to the marguee, but that seems odd too...

Josh

kaz1961 (ssekaz@yahoo.com) wrote:
: I replaced both the ballast and bulb and it is still dead. Any other
: ideas what it could be?

Are you sure you replaced the ballast? If what you replaced looked kind
of like a battery, but with both terminals on top, that is the starter. The
ballast looks more like a transformer.

If you really did replace the ballast, then you need to replace the starter
as well.

Hope this helps...

Jim McCullars