A freeware project I'm working on

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I am working on...:

"The Table of Commercial Games to
Freeware Equivalents (or pretty close)" for my web site.

I'm not including simple, arcade-like games.

So far I have equivalents for:

Freelancer
Civilization II
SimCity

Can anyone else think of some other good ones?
Thanks,
http://www.vbmark.com/

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

> I am working on...:
>
> "The Table of Commercial Games to
> Freeware Equivalents (or pretty close)" for my web site.
>
> I'm not including simple, arcade-like games.
>
> So far I have equivalents for:
>
> Freelancer
> Civilization II
> SimCity
>
> Can anyone else think of some other good ones?
> Thanks,
> http://www.vbmark.com/

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/ - Does freeware = opensource?? Anyway,
this is a 3D Space simulator where you can trade, explore and shoot.

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html - Another 3D space
simulator.

Not sure what these games' commercial equivalents would be.