Bad resolution desktop/icon shadows

Hi,
I have a wallpaper but the letters of the icons are having a black
background instead of that of the wallpaper. Also the resolution of my screne
has changed and it isn't smooth anymore. It isn't serious, just very
annoying. Please HELP me!

:)

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Right click on your desktop and select properties, click on appearance, then
click on advanced. whatever you click in the box will show you a color option
box. Then click effects and you can remove the shadowing.
--
Don Kendrick

"nfcgb" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a wallpaper but the letters of the icons are having a black
> background instead of that of the wallpaper. Also the resolution of my screne
> has changed and it isn't smooth anymore. It isn't serious, just very
> annoying. Please HELP me!
>
> :)

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Also if you have a flat panel you can try this. go to display properties by
right clicking on desktop from there choose appearance, from there go to
effects and then choose : Use the following method to smooth edged on screen
fonts and pick clear type . Your probably on standard right now if you
started out with a normal monitor instead of flat. But, yeah if you bought a
notebook then yours should already be on clear type. If not choose it instead
of the standard setting and see the difference. Like night and day. Good
Luck!

--
Don Kendrick

"nfcgb" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a wallpaper but the letters of the icons are having a black
> background instead of that of the wallpaper. Also the resolution of my screne
> has changed and it isn't smooth anymore. It isn't serious, just very
> annoying. Please HELP me!
>
> :)

Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or the
drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"nfcgb" <nfcgb @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a wallpaper but the letters of the icons are having a black
> background instead of that of the wallpaper. Also the resolution of my
> screne
> has changed and it isn't smooth anymore. It isn't serious, just very
> annoying. Please HELP me!
>
> :)

THANKS!!!! The first approach did it!! Thanks once more!