>.SIF missing or corrpted

On reinstalling WinXP PRO from the boot up disks (down loaded from MS) and
following the online prompts the folloing message is displayed.

"The following value in the .SIF file is missing or corrpted. Value 0 on the
line in section [SourceDiskFiles] with key SP1.CAB"

I am then told setup cannot continue. "To quit Setup press F3."

specific version of Windows XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310994

--
Carey Frisch