all USB ports not working

I have 4 usb ports, computer not communicating anything plugged into them
BUT the green light on my memory card reader is on. It was all working before
a recent thunder and lightning storm. How can I reset them to communicate
again?

XP pro service pack 2
3 answers Last reply
More about ports working

    Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the USB Hub devices, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    device drivers again automatically.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson

    "" wrote:
    > I have 4 usb ports, computer not communicating anything
    > plugged into them
    > BUT the green light on my memory card reader is on. It was all
    > working before
    > a recent thunder and lightning storm. How can I reset them to
    > communicate
    > again?
    >
    > XP pro service pack 2

    If the lighting caused the danage, the only posible chance of them
    working again is if you cleare your CMOS, you’ll need to look up how
    to in your motherborads manual on how to do that, you may also need to
    make notes on the BIOS confige so any crutial settings are not lost.
    Other wise it seems unlikly they’ll ever work again any thing short
    of replacing the motherborad, of course thats only if the lightling
    did the damage.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-USB-ports-working-ftopict396889.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308841

    "philber" wrote:

    > I have 4 usb ports, computer not communicating anything plugged into them
    > BUT the green light on my memory card reader is on. It was all working before
    > a recent thunder and lightning storm. How can I reset them to communicate
    > again?
    >
    > XP pro service pack 2

    I just encountered the same poblem. I believe all my USB ports malfunctioned
    after a thunderstorm. I already tried everthing in the device manager, and it
    seems that all drivers are working properly. I don't fully understand the
    BIOS settings. Were u able to fix your problem. If so, any advice. Thanx.

USB Windows XP