Permanently disable proxy server

Can anyone tell me how to permanently remove the proxy server setting "Use a
proxy server for your LAN" on Internet Explorer (Internet
Options/Connections/LAN Settings)?
I uncheck that option every time I want to browse the internet using IE but
the original setting comes back each time I turn on or restart the computer.

I am using IE 6 on Windows XP sp2.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about permanently disable proxy server

    I have the same question. Did you ever discover a way to do this?

    Thanks

    "karma_police28" wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me how to permanently remove the proxy server setting "Use a
    > proxy server for your LAN" on Internet Explorer (Internet
    > Options/Connections/LAN Settings)?
    > I uncheck that option every time I want to browse the internet using IE but
    > the original setting comes back each time I turn on or restart the computer.
    >
    > I am using IE 6 on Windows XP sp2.
    >
    > Thanks.

    How is your Internet access controlled? It sounds like your system is part
    of a network where the access is controlled by some type of proxy server
    (Windows Servers or other.)

    "Windvane" <Windvane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the same question. Did you ever discover a way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "karma_police28" wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me how to permanently remove the proxy server setting
    >> "Use a
    >> proxy server for your LAN" on Internet Explorer (Internet
    >> Options/Connections/LAN Settings)?
    >> I uncheck that option every time I want to browse the internet using IE
    >> but
    >> the original setting comes back each time I turn on or restart the
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> I am using IE 6 on Windows XP sp2.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Only the capabilities that come w/WIN XP PRO. Basically, the PROXY SERVER
    enable check-box (IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings)
    is checked. If I un-check that box, it reverts back to it's on setting (box
    is checked again) whenever I restart Windows.

    I can add any particular site to the Proxy Bypass list (under Advanced) to
    resolve an individual connection issue, but would like to disable the Proxy
    Server entirely at times... which I have not been able to do thus far.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > How is your Internet access controlled? It sounds like your system is part
    > of a network where the access is controlled by some type of proxy server
    > (Windows Servers or other.)
    >

    > "Windvane" <Windvane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the same question. Did you ever discover a way to do this?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "karma_police28" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can anyone tell me how to permanently remove the proxy server setting
    > >> "Use a
    > >> proxy server for your LAN" on Internet Explorer (Internet
    > >> Options/Connections/LAN Settings)?
    > >> I uncheck that option every time I want to browse the internet using IE
    > >> but
    > >> the original setting comes back each time I turn on or restart the
    > >> computer.
    > >>
    > >> I am using IE 6 on Windows XP sp2.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.

Internet Explorer Proxy Servers Windows XP