Networking (File Sharing) Problems

I have the Linksys WRT54G Firmware 3.03.1. One computer is connected to the
router with CAT5 cable. The other is connected by a Linksys USB (WUSB54Gv4)
access point. All firmware and drivers are up to date. I am using Windows XP
Professional SP1a on both computers. When I try to copy files from one
computer to the other, some files will copy and others will not. Let me
explain a bit more. I have a directory named "download" on each computer,
and a subdirectory named "nhrc" under that, on both computers. When I use
two instances of Windows Explorer to copy files by drag-and-drop, some files
in the directory will copy, and others will not! (They can even be a bunch
of .pdf files, and some will copy, others not.) They all have the same
attributes. I just get the error message "Access Denied" on certain files.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I have also had the exact
problem copying from a wireless Windows Me computer to the wireless XP
computer. Any advice appreciated!
--
Blaine Hamrick, AL7HH
Irving, Texas 444.800 MHz, 110.9 Hz

Try installing SP2 from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx or via Windows Update. If
that does not work, do a repair install of Windows XP (Note that if you
upgrade to SP2, you will want to slipstream the SP2 pack into your CD or it
will be reverted back to no SP or SP1, whichever your XP CD has now)