little window appears on start up{red cross}

:confused: when i start my computer a little window with a red circle
and a cross through it comes up with a n ok button, I dont know what it
is,or what it trying to tell me and the other thing that is happening is
a box coming up saying {failed to load vendorprefs} can anyone
help.thanks

--
paulla_jean

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

Hello Paula_Jean,
could you do the following
Click Start and then click on Run and a dialog box should popup on your
screen
Where it says open, type in this command msconfig.exe
The system configuration utility should appear. At the top you will see six
tabs. Click on the tab marked General
Now you will see three radio buttons. Click on the button which is labeled
Selective Startup
Finally make sure the checkbox with the label Load Startup Items is
unchecked and press the Apply button and the Close button

Now restart your computer and tell me what happens

Chelsea