Can't get into safe mode

What does it mean when I attempt to get into safe mode but it just stays
stuck at the screen where it lists all the drivers being loaded as well as
the hard drive led on the computer staying solid.

How long are you waiting? It takes some time after the last driver loads. If
you have waited longer then 5 minutes, you may want to consiter a repair
install

Hi

What's the name of the file that is last on the list? Could be a corrupted
driver.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> What does it mean when I attempt to get into safe mode but it just stays
> stuck at the screen where it lists all the drivers being loaded as well as
> the hard drive led on the computer staying solid.

I think it is mup.sys.

I did do a sfc /scannow from the command prompt and it still just sat there.

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org

> Hi
>
> What's the name of the file that is last on the list? Could be a
> corrupted driver.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>> What does it mean when I attempt to get into safe mode but it just stays
>> stuck at the screen where it lists all the drivers being loaded as well
>> as the hard drive led on the computer staying solid.

Hi

That's the one file I was hoping you wouldn't say it was :) Can you access
Windows normally and try

sfc /scannow

from Start>Run?

--

>I think it is mup.sys.
>
> I did do a sfc /scannow from the command prompt and it still just sat
> there.
>
> --
> Nocturnal
>
> http://www.spywaretalk.org

>> Hi
>>
>> What's the name of the file that is last on the list? Could be a
>> corrupted driver.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>>> What does it mean when I attempt to get into safe mode but it just stays
>>> stuck at the screen where it lists all the drivers being loaded as well
>>> as the hard drive led on the computer staying solid.

Yes I can access Windows normally. I did do a sfc /scannow from command
prompt within Windows, still giving me problems trying to get back in to
Safe Mode.

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org

> Hi
>
> That's the one file I was hoping you wouldn't say it was :) Can you
> access Windows normally and try
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> from Start>Run?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>>I think it is mup.sys.
>>
>> I did do a sfc /scannow from the command prompt and it still just sat
>> there.
>>
>> --
>> Nocturnal
>>
>> http://www.spywaretalk.org
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> What's the name of the file that is last on the list? Could be a
>>> corrupted driver.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message

Hi

Still with mup.sys? If so, try and put a fresh copy of that file into
Windows. With the XP CD in the cd drive run the following command from
Start>Run:

expand X:\i386\mup.sy_ %systemroot%\system32\drivers\mup.sys

Where X is the letter of your cd drive.

You 'may' have a problem if you are running SP2 and only have an earlier
version XP CD.