File And Settings Wizard .DAT Files

Hello

recently i was planning to format my main drive (C:\) which contained
windows on it, so i decided to use the file and settings wizard to backup all
my files to my slave drive (F:\). So i did that all fine, and in my F:\ I had
the folder named USMT2.UNC with 7 files, 6 files named from IMG00001.DAT to
IMG00006.DAT and a file named status (no extention). So i went ahead,
formatted my c:\ and reinstalled windows. Now once all that was done i was
left with a fresh copy of windows and a formatted c:\ but with my f:\ (now my
d:\) still intact with all files. So i went to the file and settings transfer
wizard and i chose new computer, and it asked me to navigate where these
files are and what do i get? a window saying:

"The Location that you specified does not contain stored information. Please
Type a valid folder path into the edit box. If you entered a path to a folder
on a removable disk, the disk must be in the drive."

all of which i have done. Now i have 2 questions to ask,

1) How do i extract these files MYSELF without using the wizard
and/or
2) How to resolve this problem as soon as possible

Thankyou in Advance
1 answer Last reply
More about file settings wizard files

    HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "onesikgypo" <onesikgypo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A97DAFB6-9D91-4DFD-A741-73FCEEDD495F@microsoft.com...
    > Hello
    >
    > recently i was planning to format my main drive (C:\) which contained
    > windows on it, so i decided to use the file and settings wizard to backup all
    > my files to my slave drive (F:\). So i did that all fine, and in my F:\ I had
    > the folder named USMT2.UNC with 7 files, 6 files named from IMG00001.DAT to
    > IMG00006.DAT and a file named status (no extention). So i went ahead,
    > formatted my c:\ and reinstalled windows. Now once all that was done i was
    > left with a fresh copy of windows and a formatted c:\ but with my f:\ (now my
    > d:\) still intact with all files. So i went to the file and settings transfer
    > wizard and i chose new computer, and it asked me to navigate where these
    > files are and what do i get? a window saying:
    >
    > "The Location that you specified does not contain stored information. Please
    > Type a valid folder path into the edit box. If you entered a path to a folder
    > on a removable disk, the disk must be in the drive."
    >
    > all of which i have done. Now i have 2 questions to ask,
    >
    > 1) How do i extract these files MYSELF without using the wizard
    > and/or
    > 2) How to resolve this problem as soon as possible
    >
    > Thankyou in Advance

Windows XP