Multimedia laptop - 600-700$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aocowns

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hihi, I want to get a multimedia laptop for use when I am at my dad's place and I can't bring my desktop. I don't spend much time there so I hope 600-700$ would be good enough to get a PC for browsing, watching movies, and playing some games(not necessarily max everything, of course)

1. What is your budget?
3000-4000kr NOK - 600-700$ - around 500€

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anything is good to be honest, just not monstrous, as I intend to use it for school work as well

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1280x720 or something I guess. 1080 would be very nice but not requirement

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable I guess

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not much, 4 hours I guess? The more the better

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
It HAS to play StarCraft 2 flawlessly on medium settings. That's the bare minimum I guess. Other than that, whatever I can get working while looking ok, probably not anything big like Far Cry 3 or Skyrim or that sort.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Music, ''multitasking'' browsing while listening to music/ playing crap like Minecraft. Schoolwork, movies, pretty standard stuff for a teenager

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I am mainly going to be using a 1TB external harddisc, so even just 250GB is fine I guess. obviously, more is better as long as the price tag doesn't rise with it

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
http://www.komplett.no/k/k.aspx
http://cdon.no/
These would be optimal, but anything within Norway is fine

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Would be good if I got to keep it for some 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Does not matter whatsoever as long as the laptop doesn't suck

13. What country do you live in?
Norway

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing comes to mind

Thank you so much for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.