Fixed & WIFI Linksys Routers

Hello all.

Please do you have any suggestions.

I have a BEFSR41 which is my connection to my broadband. It has 3 wired
connections off to PC's. I have also purchased a BEFW11S4 v4 wireless AP /
DSL Router. This is used purely for WIFI access.

My BEFW11S4 is connected from the internet (WAN) connection to the uplink
connection on my BEFSR41. All works OK but I would like to restrict access
on the port connected to the wireless to internet only. How do I do this on
my BEFSR41. (Example All traffic from wireless can only go to the WAN on
the BEFSR41).

Martin

Taking a moment's reflection, Martin Adams mused:

| My BEFW11S4 is connected from the internet (WAN) connection to the uplink
| connection on my BEFSR41. All works OK but I would like to restrict
| access on the port connected to the wireless to internet only. How do I
| do this on my BEFSR41. (Example All traffic from wireless can only go to
| the WAN on the BEFSR41).

The BEFW11S4 may have settings in the Filters section (the BEFSR41 does)
to set a range of IPs as Private. Assuming that clients connected
wirelessly are on the same IP Mask (192.168.1.x for example), then you can
set your LAN IP range in the *W11S4 to have your LAN private. This should
tell the wireless router that it cannot access those IPs. Use whatever
range you have in your *SR41's DHCP settings.

"Martin Adams" <martin122nospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> Hello all.
>
> Please do you have any suggestions.
>
> I have a BEFSR41 which is my connection to my broadband. It has 3 wired
> connections off to PC's. I have also purchased a BEFW11S4 v4 wireless
> AP / DSL Router. This is used purely for WIFI access.
>
> My BEFW11S4 is connected from the internet (WAN) connection to the
> uplink connection on my BEFSR41. All works OK but I would like to
> restrict access on the port connected to the wireless to internet only.
> How do I do this on my BEFSR41. (Example All traffic from wireless can
> only go to the WAN on the BEFSR41).

This article may be of interest to you. It's about combining a wired NAT
device with a wireless NAT device, which is similar to what you are doing.

http://www.pccitizen.com/correctwireless.htm

Thanks !