Shooting games - too much trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am considering buying a shooting type game but was wondering if they
are more prone to trouble. The guns seem to take a beating and alot of
the ones I have played in the arcades have aiming issues. Are they more
trouble than they are worth. I would not be able to fix it myself so I
am concerned about repairs.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

the biggest problems are the guns.
they get slammed around alot. so they need replace most often.
easy fix, they just plug in. but expense, depending on which gun game your
talking about. around $100 each and up.
there are some cheap ass replacements for $50 each, but not as good.

Troy,

kaz1961 <ssekaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am considering buying a shooting type game but was wondering if they
> are more prone to trouble. The guns seem to take a beating and alot of
> the ones I have played in the arcades have aiming issues. Are they more
> trouble than they are worth. I would not be able to fix it myself so I
> am concerned about repairs.

My mom would of smacked me up side the head and said "NOW!!!" before
even thinking of saying please.
-Tim

Well put Steve,

I work on and collect gun games. Most of the time it is dust on the
screen,gum in the end of the guns and abuse.

If you keep your game clean youi should get years of use out of it.

If you pick up a game have someone go over the game and shop it out.

1: Adjust the 5 volts

2: Check all of the connections and wear points for loose or worn
wires.

3: clean it.

4: Recap the Monitor

5: Rejuvenate the tube.

6: Make sure when you place it on location that there is no out side
light shinning in on the screen.

You will learn to be come handy with your game.

Good Luck

J & R