If a laptop is not achievable then a light, portable PC case. I actually looked into portable PCs but they're very pricey and designed for the military or business enterprises, not gaming or home-use.
A: I was hoping to garner your opinions on this
Q: What will you be using your build for specifically?
A: Everyday use, gaming (Games that are mod intensive i.e. Skyrim, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights 2) and porn (Honesty isn't always the best policy)
A: Everything, as below
I've done some research and I thought this might be best, I'd really appreciate some feedback/advice.
A, if achievable, future-proof laptop with chances to upgrade:
- A 17 inch screen
- No brand preference
- An optical drive caddy, can these be installed on most laptop models later?
- A high-end processor, perhaps: Sandy Bridge, Intel i7 or whichever else you recommend
- Enough space for RAM, dual graphics cards, a second hard drive bay/dock/port
- Accessibility e.g. Drives, graphics card and RAM bays/docks/ports
- USB 3.0 ports and any other future-proof port you could recommend
- No weight preferences
- A backlit keyboard, are there any alternatives to factory-made keyboards. I've found this: http://www.myglowkeys.com/ and several DIY instructions
- Preferably a durable design
- No over-the-top, insane, design features, like LEDs, garish designs, nothing that makes it look ridiculous
- Extra features aren't necessary, like: Memory card slots, DVD or CD maybe even Blu-ray trays, fancy screens or over-the-top resolution, webcamera, audio recording, bloatware, software extras, pricey OS extras or pricey speakers (I plan on utilizing headphones)
1. What is your budget?
I'd like you to have some input here
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The bigger the better (Insert penis joke here)
3. What screen resolution do you want?
No preferences, I want to play games ranging from 1997 to now
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement, I travel a lot though so I would like to be able to cart my laptop along with me on planes and buses
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games:
All High Quality, any recommendations would also be appreciated
- Morrowind (... with a ton of mods)
- Oblivion (... with a ton of mods)
- Skyrim (... with a ton of mods)
- Dragon Age (... with a ton of mods)
- Dragon Age II (... with a ton of mods)
- Neverwinter Nights (... with a ton of mods)
- Neverwinters Nights 2 (... with a ton of mods)
- KOTOR (... with a ton of mods)
- KOTOR 2 (... with a ton of mods)
- Two Worlds
- Mass Effect and all sequential games
- Final Fantasy VII (... with a ton of mods)
- PS Emulator
- PS2 Emulator
- Jade Empire (... with a ton of mods)
- Deus Ex and all sequential games
- Diablo and all sequential games
- Ultima and all sequential games
- Fallout 3 (... with a ton of mods)
- Dark Souls
- Fable and all sequential games
- The Witcher and all sequential games
- Demon's Souls
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
8. How much storage do you need?
Not essential as I will probably use a massive external hard drive
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from?
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Future-proof so as long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain...
I use Windows and my preferences lie there
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information, if needed.
I can and may purchase from an overseas source
More about :laptop advice purchasing future proof laptop
I was searching for these since many days. I want to have one of these types as the features discussed are really interesting and suits my budget. I would like to thank the members for promoting this post. I would like to have the details of the dealers promoting these. Please produce some attachment links regarding my request. Thanks in advance.
Well, this laptop should last fine for a few years. This will probably suit your needs playing those games at High, at the least Medium. Honestly, don't go and waste your money on those "gaming" laptops. They're really not worth the money. Many will not agree with me, but w.E . If your budget is under 1000, then I recommend this. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/Len...
It's on sale for a limited time.
This will suit your needs and is future-proof. Games might get a little demanding after 3 years or so, but you should still be able to play on medium.
Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q-c-dFUZqE
Also the quad-core i7 that this laptop has, has good benchmarks. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html.
Hope this helped!