Can someone please explain to me why "all users in xp home ed. have admin
rights" when the Limited account clearly doesn't have admin rights. I'm
reading this on various websites but don't understand what they mean.

Windows XP Security Checklist
http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"perthy" wrote:

| Can someone please explain to me why "all users in xp home ed. have admin
| rights" when the Limited account clearly doesn't have admin rights. I'm
| reading this on various websites but don't understand what they mean.

There is no designation as "Administrator" in XP Home - Administrator
function is only available in safe mode. Group policy (gpedit.msc) is not
available in XP Home (as far as I know).

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

Yes I know administrator account is in safe mode but a new user is given
administrator - full Administrator privileges - as default. So at least at
the level of user accounts, less all the security of Xp Pro, xp home does
have admin accounts.