user rights?

Can someone please explain to me why "all users in xp home ed. have admin
rights" when the Limited account clearly doesn't have admin rights. I'm
reading this on various websites but don't understand what they mean.
3 answers Last reply
More about user rights

    Windows XP Security Checklist
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "perthy" wrote:

    | Can someone please explain to me why "all users in xp home ed. have admin
    | rights" when the Limited account clearly doesn't have admin rights. I'm
    | reading this on various websites but don't understand what they mean.

    There is no designation as "Administrator" in XP Home - Administrator
    function is only available in safe mode. Group policy (gpedit.msc) is not
    available in XP Home (as far as I know).

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    Yes I know administrator account is in safe mode but a new user is given
    administrator - full Administrator privileges - as default. So at least at
    the level of user accounts, less all the security of Xp Pro, xp home does
    have admin accounts.

    "Al Romanosky" wrote:

    > There is no designation as "Administrator" in XP Home - Administrator
    > function is only available in safe mode. Group policy (gpedit.msc) is not
    > available in XP Home (as far as I know).

    > AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    > Myers, FL

Support Microsoft Windows XP