Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

where did my Taskbar and Start Menu go?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 17, 2005 7:11:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

My taskbar and start menu don't appear at the bottom of my desktop. How do I
get them back?
--
Stephanie

More about : taskbar start menu

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:24:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

What happens when you place you cursor at the bottom? Try: Right click the
"Start" button>Taskbar tab>uncheck "auto hide taskbar if checked.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 17, 2005 10:24:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Al,
The cursor doesn't make it appear. It is just gone.
--
Stephanie


"Al Romanosky" wrote:

> What happens when you place you cursor at the bottom? Try: Right click the
> "Start" button>Taskbar tab>uncheck "auto hide taskbar if checked.
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
> Myers, FL
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
Related resources
July 17, 2005 11:45:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Try [Ctrl]+[Esc]. It may bring up the task bar, so you can work around it
while the people who really know what they're doing sort your problems out.
They're going to need some more information, though.

When does it disapear?
Are there error messages.
When you push [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete], in the process menu, is there an entry
"explorer.exe"?

Try to write down everything that happens, and when it started. Did you
install new software, have a crash, etc.. Be as specific as you can.

Meanwhile, Google has plenty of articles on the matter, maybe you can find
something to help you along, untill 'the others' show up to help you fix this
annoyance:

http://www.google.com/search?q=xp+taskbar+start+missing...

"Stephanie" wrote:

> Al,
> The cursor doesn't make it appear. It is just gone.
> --
> Stephanie
>
>
> "Al Romanosky" wrote:
>
> > What happens when you place you cursor at the bottom? Try: Right click the
> > "Start" button>Taskbar tab>uncheck "auto hide taskbar if checked.
> >
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
> > Myers, FL
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> >
July 17, 2005 11:50:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

LOL. "the people who really know what they're doing." Didn't mean to suggest
that I do and you don't. Meant to say, "the people who really know what
they're doing, unlike me."

"rzr" wrote:

> Try [Ctrl]+[Esc]. It may bring up the task bar, so you can work around it
> while the people who really know what they're doing sort your problems out.
> They're going to need some more information, though.
>
> When does it disapear?
> Are there error messages.
> When you push [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete], in the process menu, is there an entry
> "explorer.exe"?
>
> Try to write down everything that happens, and when it started. Did you
> install new software, have a crash, etc.. Be as specific as you can.
>
> Meanwhile, Google has plenty of articles on the matter, maybe you can find
> something to help you along, untill 'the others' show up to help you fix this
> annoyance:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=xp+taskbar+start+missing...
>
> "Stephanie" wrote:
>
> > Al,
> > The cursor doesn't make it appear. It is just gone.
> > --
> > Stephanie
> >
> >
> > "Al Romanosky" wrote:
> >
> > > What happens when you place you cursor at the bottom? Try: Right click the
> > > "Start" button>Taskbar tab>uncheck "auto hide taskbar if checked.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
> > > Myers, FL
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >
> > >
December 5, 2012 1:25:37 AM

drag your cursor to the top of your screen . it will appear there. just drag it back down
!