problem with cd writing wizard

Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD wizard
of Windows XP.
When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a disk in
to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.
I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
Recordnow and all work just fine.
I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no avail.
What else can i take a look at?
1 answer Last reply
More about problem writing wizard

    William Sallander wrote:
    > Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD
    > wizard of Windows XP.
    > When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a
    > disk in to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.
    > I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
    > Recordnow and all work just fine.
    > I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no
    > avail. What else can i take a look at?

    Why multiple posts in different groups..?
    Please cross-post as opposed to multi-posting in the future and allow 24
    hours to pass before worrying if you will ever get an answer or not.

    - Are you sure these are good and blank CD-R/RWs?
    - You say you can burn using the other applications on this computer - why
    in the world would you want to use the crippled burning of Windows XP when
    you have a full-fledged application or two?
    - Is the Recording properties tab of the drive setup for the drive to be
    enabled for recording?
    - Can you describe - in detail - what you are doing step-by-step - and the
    results thereof - including messages you get, questions asked of you,
    options you are choosing from, etc.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP