problem with cd writing wizard

Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD wizard
of Windows XP.
When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a disk in
to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.
I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
Recordnow and all work just fine.
I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no avail.
What else can i take a look at?

William Sallander wrote:
> Hello everyone, I just recently ran in to a problem with the CD
> wizard of Windows XP.
> When I try to burn data on to a CD it keeps telling me to insert a
> disk in to the drive, even though there is a disk in the machine.
> I have used other programs such as Musicmatch and HP's program called
> Recordnow and all work just fine.
> I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drive but to no
> avail. What else can i take a look at?

Why multiple posts in different groups..?
Please cross-post as opposed to multi-posting in the future and allow 24
hours to pass before worrying if you will ever get an answer or not.

- Are you sure these are good and blank CD-R/RWs?
- You say you can burn using the other applications on this computer - why
in the world would you want to use the crippled burning of Windows XP when
you have a full-fledged application or two?
- Is the Recording properties tab of the drive setup for the drive to be
enabled for recording?
- Can you describe - in detail - what you are doing step-by-step - and the
results thereof - including messages you get, questions asked of you,
options you are choosing from, etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP