Status
Not open for further replies.

I put all of my Galaga stuff on ebay and it didn't sell for the reserve
price. I had packaged a bunch of stuff that I thought, and paid around
$600.00 for. Then they hit me with the fee's $14.00 and it didn't sell. I
guess if it sold I would have had some more fees on top of that and then the
paypal fees. How do you make money on ebay? I figured I would get a little
better price then just advertising on the newsgroup but after all of those
fee's I don't know if it is worth it. Plus I see Galaga boards go for
anywhere from $130-$295.00 (I think I saw a buy it now board go for that
much, I might be mistaken) But it seems to me some people are loosing money
on ebay. Not getting what their product is worth. So what is the best way
to do it. List it with no buy it now, or no reserve and just take a chance?
Or a reserve, or a fixed price? Or did grouping all of the things bring down
the value? Here is what I put up.

1 original Galaga pcb work 100% in great shape.
1. Jamma adaptor for it.
1. Original Manual
1. Willis Overlay
1 Two bit Overlay CP $40.00
1 Two bit side and front panel kit ($195)
1 Glass Bezel in about a 7.5 condition
1 marquee in about a 6.5 condition
1 Control panel
Coin door and anything else you want from the cabinet.

What do you think all of that is worth? I was going to relist it but do you
think I should break it all up? Or just keep listing in the newsgroup. On
the opposite side of the coin. I bought a printer, and on ebay they were
going for about $100.00 for this model. That was refurbished, with no ink
cartridge. I checked at Staples and they had the same printer new, with ink
cartridges and a $20.00 rebate for a total of $80.00 plus tax. I am sure
the sellers don't pay much for the printers on ebay but after the fees, can
they be making much money? And who would buy it when you can go to Staples
and get a better deal. Is the tide turning on ebay?

Thanks for the thoughts and feedback.

Russ

Together, I think that stuff is worth around $400. If you want more, I
think you'll have to break it up.

"Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I put all of my Galaga stuff on ebay and it didn't sell for the reserve
>price. I had packaged a bunch of stuff that I thought, and paid around
>$600.00 for. Then they hit me with the fee's $14.00 and it didn't sell. I
>guess if it sold I would have had some more fees on top of that and then
>the paypal fees. How do you make money on ebay? I figured I would get a
>little better price then just advertising on the newsgroup but after all of
>those fee's I don't know if it is worth it. Plus I see Galaga boards go
>for anywhere from $130-$295.00 (I think I saw a buy it now board go for
>that much, I might be mistaken) But it seems to me some people are loosing
>money on ebay. Not getting what their product is worth. So what is the
>best way to do it. List it with no buy it now, or no reserve and just take
>a chance? Or a reserve, or a fixed price? Or did grouping all of the things
>bring down the value? Here is what I put up.
>
> 1 original Galaga pcb work 100% in great shape.
> 1. Jamma adaptor for it.
> 1. Original Manual
> 1. Willis Overlay
> 1 Two bit Overlay CP $40.00
> 1 Two bit side and front panel kit ($195)
> 1 Glass Bezel in about a 7.5 condition
> 1 marquee in about a 6.5 condition
> 1 Control panel
> Coin door and anything else you want from the cabinet.
>
> What do you think all of that is worth? I was going to relist it but do
> you think I should break it all up? Or just keep listing in the
> newsgroup. On the opposite side of the coin. I bought a printer, and on
> ebay they were going for about $100.00 for this model. That was
> refurbished, with no ink cartridge. I checked at Staples and they had the
> same printer new, with ink cartridges and a $20.00 rebate for a total of
> $80.00 plus tax. I am sure the sellers don't pay much for the printers on
> ebay but after the fees, can they be making much money? And who would buy
> it when you can go to Staples and get a better deal. Is the tide turning
> on ebay?
>
> Thanks for the thoughts and feedback.
>
> Russ

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

These days a complete working galaga gets 500 bucks or less at auction it
seems, so the prices on them are in fact down. Most people that could use
parts for one know this, which might explain why you're not getting what you
think you should. Since the glut of multigames hit nobody seems to be
nearly as interested in original mspacs and galagas so their value has
dropped significantly. I think the only reason parts for those two
extremely common games went for so much money was strictly due to
homebuyers, but they now know about multigames and seem to be willing to
spend more money on one of those :)

/b

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> Together, I think that stuff is worth around $400. If you want more, I
> think you'll have to break it up.
>
> "Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I put all of my Galaga stuff on ebay and it didn't sell for the reserve
>>price. I had packaged a bunch of stuff that I thought, and paid around
>>$600.00 for. Then they hit me with the fee's $14.00 and it didn't sell.
>>I guess if it sold I would have had some more fees on top of that and then
>>the paypal fees. How do you make money on ebay? I figured I would get a
>>little better price then just advertising on the newsgroup but after all
>>of those fee's I don't know if it is worth it. Plus I see Galaga boards
>>go for anywhere from $130-$295.00 (I think I saw a buy it now board go for
>>that much, I might be mistaken) But it seems to me some people are
>>loosing money on ebay. Not getting what their product is worth. So what
>>is the best way to do it. List it with no buy it now, or no reserve and
>>just take a chance? Or a reserve, or a fixed price? Or did grouping all of
>>the things bring down the value? Here is what I put up.
>>
>> 1 original Galaga pcb work 100% in great shape.
>> 1. Jamma adaptor for it.
>> 1. Original Manual
>> 1. Willis Overlay
>> 1 Two bit Overlay CP $40.00
>> 1 Two bit side and front panel kit ($195)
>> 1 Glass Bezel in about a 7.5 condition
>> 1 marquee in about a 6.5 condition
>> 1 Control panel
>> Coin door and anything else you want from the cabinet.
>>
>> What do you think all of that is worth? I was going to relist it but do
>> you think I should break it all up? Or just keep listing in the
>> newsgroup. On the opposite side of the coin. I bought a printer, and on
>> ebay they were going for about $100.00 for this model. That was
>> refurbished, with no ink cartridge. I checked at Staples and they had
>> the same printer new, with ink cartridges and a $20.00 rebate for a total
>> of $80.00 plus tax. I am sure the sellers don't pay much for the
>> printers on ebay but after the fees, can they be making much money? And
>> who would buy it when you can go to Staples and get a better deal. Is the
>> tide turning on ebay?
>>
>> Thanks for the thoughts and feedback.
>>
>> Russ

Try selling the boards, artwork and cabinet artwork in separate auctions.
Start your bidding low (like at $1) and you will pick up a lot more
watchers and bidders, never start an auction at a couple hundred dollars.
Use a Reserve if you are scared you won't get enough bids. Buy It Now
always seems like a waste of money when I've done it, the fees are
fairly high and it rarely gets used, so I stopped doing it. And whoever said
don't use Paypal, don't listen to them, your auction will do better despite
any reservation anyone may have, especially with international bidders.
--dan

"Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I put all of my Galaga stuff on ebay and it didn't sell for the reserve
>price. I had packaged a bunch of stuff that I thought, and paid around
>$600.00 for. Then they hit me with the fee's $14.00 and it didn't sell. I
>guess if it sold I would have had some more fees on top of that and then
>the paypal fees. How do you make money on ebay? I figured I would get a
>little better price then just advertising on the newsgroup but after all of
>those fee's I don't know if it is worth it. Plus I see Galaga boards go
>for anywhere from $130-$295.00 (I think I saw a buy it now board go for
>that much, I might be mistaken) But it seems to me some people are loosing
>money on ebay. Not getting what their product is worth. So what is the
>best way to do it. List it with no buy it now, or no reserve and just take
>a chance? Or a reserve, or a fixed price? Or did grouping all of the things
>bring down the value? Here is what I put up.
>
> 1 original Galaga pcb work 100% in great shape.
> 1. Jamma adaptor for it.
> 1. Original Manual
> 1. Willis Overlay
> 1 Two bit Overlay CP $40.00
> 1 Two bit side and front panel kit ($195)
> 1 Glass Bezel in about a 7.5 condition
> 1 marquee in about a 6.5 condition
> 1 Control panel
> Coin door and anything else you want from the cabinet.
>
> What do you think all of that is worth? I was going to relist it but do
> you think I should break it all up? Or just keep listing in the
> newsgroup. On the opposite side of the coin. I bought a printer, and on
> ebay they were going for about $100.00 for this model. That was
> refurbished, with no ink cartridge. I checked at Staples and they had the
> same printer new, with ink cartridges and a $20.00 rebate for a total of
> $80.00 plus tax. I am sure the sellers don't pay much for the printers on
> ebay but after the fees, can they be making much money? And who would buy
> it when you can go to Staples and get a better deal. Is the tide turning
> on ebay?
>
> Thanks for the thoughts and feedback.
>
> Russ

Just my 2 cents. I've been selling on eBay since 1999. Things have
changed in the past year. Depending on what you are selling, don't
expect a profit. For me, eBay is dead.

Dave