windows media player version 10 dvd play back problem

July 18, 2005 6:45:24 AM

I have XP Professional with Windows Media Player 10 installed and for
some unknown reason now when I play back dvd movies on my PC dvd player,
the program plays the movie in what I can only describe as a "mosaic"
color pattern. Colors are all washed out and pixelized. I upgraded the
media player to version 10 and with windows update installed the recent
patches. Direct X 9c was reinstalled too. I have a Nvidia 4200 video
card with 128 meg memory and it's latest driver. The Windows media
player played the dvds correctly before upgrading the player and I
noticed that on Power DVD version 4 it also plays the dvds in the
"mosaic" fashion. On line video thru Divx and Quicktime play fine; it
just seems to be DVD movies played on either of my 2 dvd player drives.
This is a Pentium 2.8 mhz, 512 ram and I just noticed this problem
over the last several months. What is wrong and what do I do to fix
this...?

thanks in advance.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:54:51 PM

Try to play any DVD movie using Realplayer 10 and post the results please.

--
nightlegend@tiscali.co.uk
There's nothing so powerful as truth ,and often nothing so strange.
"Robert Tudor" <rtudor@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I have XP Professional with Windows Media Player 10 installed and for
> some unknown reason now when I play back dvd movies on my PC dvd player,
> the program plays the movie in what I can only describe as a "mosaic"
> color pattern. Colors are all washed out and pixelized. I upgraded the
> media player to version 10 and with windows update installed the recent
> patches. Direct X 9c was reinstalled too. I have a Nvidia 4200 video
> card with 128 meg memory and it's latest driver. The Windows media
> player played the dvds correctly before upgrading the player and I
> noticed that on Power DVD version 4 it also plays the dvds in the
> "mosaic" fashion. On line video thru Divx and Quicktime play fine; it
> just seems to be DVD movies played on either of my 2 dvd player drives.
> This is a Pentium 2.8 mhz, 512 ram and I just noticed this problem
> over the last several months. What is wrong and what do I do to fix
> this...?
>
> thanks in advance.

July 18, 2005 10:42:41 PM

Perhaps the WMP Newsgroup may be able to assist
Windows Media Player NG
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community...

!