Sign in with
Your question

Computer scrolls up and down on its own

Last response: in Windows 7
July 13, 2010 4:21:49 PM

Hello,
I have Windows 7 . my computer scrolls up and down on its own. what could be the problem?

More about : computer scrolls

a c 352 $ Windows 7
July 13, 2010 7:40:33 PM

You mean when you are in a web page or a long document it scrolls to the bottom of the page, then back up and keeps doing that back and forth? Or does it just scroll down once and stop at the bottom?

Do you have a laptop? Did this always happen? If not, when did it start? Did you install Windows 7 and started right after that?
m
l
July 23, 2010 12:19:36 AM

hang-the-9 said:
You mean when you are in a web page or a long document it scrolls to the bottom of the page, then back up and keeps doing that back and forth? Or does it just scroll down once and stop at the bottom?

Do you have a laptop? Did this always happen? If not, when did it start? Did you install Windows 7 and started right after that?

It scrolls up and down and after a while it stops and just when you start to do something, it scrolls up and down again.
No, I don't have a laptop and it happened just recently. I've been using Windows 7 for several months now and this thing just happened very recently.
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2010 12:47:55 AM

The mouse is probably bad or stuck. Spill anything on it lately? :)  it's the mouse.

bmacachor said:
It scrolls up and down and after a while it stops and just when you start to do something, it scrolls up and down again.
No, I don't have a laptop and it happened just recently. I've been using Windows 7 for several months now and this thing just happened very recently.

m
l
a c 352 $ Windows 7
July 23, 2010 1:50:54 PM

^+1, replace the mouse first.

The reason I asked if it was a laptop, there are some models with a trackpoint (IBM ThinkPad models for one) where the cursor starts moving on it's own.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2010 12:35:18 PM

hang-the-9 said:

hey i hv d same prob bt wid windows XP and it happened after i repaired the windows....can u plz tell me wts wrong.plz help.
m
l
!