GeForce 2MX hangup

G

Does anyone have any information about hangups using a Geforce 2MX with an athlon 900 Mhz on a MSI K7Tpro board. my PC only hangs after a while(could be 1 or 2 hours), when I use the hardware engine of my Geforce. Using the software renderer solves the problem(but also the speed!) I use the latest detonater drivers.
In the first week I had my PC my CPU got cooked(95 degrees celcius). I now have a new CPU.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by roadrunnery on 03/10/01 03:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You gots to cool the crap out of chips. Some MX cards come without fans, this may be the problem, unless you are O/Cing the chip. See if the chip gets hot when it hangs, and try to run the 'puter with the case off to see if the added cooling helps any. You may have to stick a fan on the chip if you can't cool it externally like a small blower focused on the card. I mounted one in the front area of my case to run air over the cards, it does help. You may be able to mount a fan on the heatsink, being very carefull and always ground yourself out before opening any computer. Good Luck, Take-Out PS: I just thought, you do have a fan on the front inside your case, right? That is the first thing to do.

The early bird gets the worm. The early worm gets the bird.

G

Witch company produced the MX card?, I have heard about some card produced by CardExpert (I think they are called gainward in the US) witch have crashed on a regualar basis, after playing games for 15, 20 mins.. I dont know if this happens with the other makes. If the card isent made by CardExpert i would also think it is a heating problem. The heatsink isent very good on MX cards. When i took mine off to mount a blue orb, you could clearly see that the heatsink had only been in contact with the core in the eges, witch isent very good. How the heatsink is mountet may also differ from the diferent producers. But I would think it is a heating problem