Closed

? about a Medion Motherboard Manufactuer for an XP based PC

I want to know if anyone out there knows who manufactures the motherboards
for the Medion Composer 5200. I need to know if the motherboard is nvidia SLI
compatible before I purchase a new graphics card, Medion's tech support
didn't help. To anyone who respondes: Thank you! (This is related to Windows
Xp my compter is running XP home edition) System: Medion Composer 5200 with
128MB FX 5200 Nvidia Graphics Card, 7in1 media reader, and a 200GB Seagate
harddrive.
6 answers Last reply
More about medion motherboard manufactuer based

    SLI is relatively new and unless your computer was bought for that purpose or
    the motherboard was bought by you for that purpose you don't have SLI. An SLI
    board allows two video cards of the same type to work together in tandem and
    SLI boards need certified video cards as well as PSU's.

    www.nzone.com/object/nzone_sli_powersupplies.html

    j;-|

    "Andross" wrote:

    > I want to know if anyone out there knows who manufactures the motherboards
    > for the Medion Composer 5200. I need to know if the motherboard is nvidia SLI
    > compatible before I purchase a new graphics card, Medion's tech support
    > didn't help. To anyone who respondes: Thank you! (This is related to Windows
    > Xp my compter is running XP home edition) System: Medion Composer 5200 with
    > 128MB FX 5200 Nvidia Graphics Card, 7in1 media reader, and a 200GB Seagate
    > harddrive.

    Hi Andross,
    when your computer starts up freeze whats on the screen by pressing the
    scroll lock key. If you do this quickly enough you should see a long number
    at the top of the screen near the bios version info. Write down the number
    because it can be unique to the model of motherboard then go here
    http://www.wimsbios.com/
    If you are lucky you will be able to identify your motherboard manufacturer
    and the chipset manufacturer. Unfortunately some bios manufacturers do do
    this but if you have an AMI or Award bios you should get an answer. Good
    hunting

    Chelsea

    "Andross" <Andross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to know if anyone out there knows who manufactures the motherboards
    > for the Medion Composer 5200. I need to know if the motherboard is nvidia
    > SLI
    > compatible before I purchase a new graphics card, Medion's tech support
    > didn't help. To anyone who respondes: Thank you! (This is related to
    > Windows
    > Xp my compter is running XP home edition) System: Medion Composer 5200
    > with
    > 128MB FX 5200 Nvidia Graphics Card, 7in1 media reader, and a 200GB Seagate
    > harddrive.

    Or he could try this too..
    http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/

    j;-)

    "Jaymon" <Jaymon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Or he could try this too..
    > http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/
    >
    > j;-)

    Good idea Jaymon
  5. I know this post is probably out of date but I had to do an assignment for hardware class last year and in order to do it I needed my motherboard manual. After many hours of searching I believe this is the right motherboard for the Medion Composer 5200. I have the full manual with diagrams, specs, bios setup and more. But here is the specifications page out of it.

    MS-7046 M-ATX Mainboard
    Mainboard Specifications
    CPU
  6. This topic has been closed by Buwish