Computer restarts while running programs!!!

My computer restarts while i play Unreal Tournament 2004 with the latest
patch installed. I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 on an AMD
2.9 GHZ computer with 1024 of DDRRAM. I am using a Geforce4 mx 4000. I
can start up the game and actually play for about 20-60 seconds(it
varies). I got lucky playing a minute. I updated the video driver but
did not help. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on and how to
fix the problem? Oh yeah! My computer also restarts while I am cropping
pictures using Ahead Nero's Photo Shop Elite(Came with my camera). Any
Ideas on whats going on? I tried spy killers and registry fixers as
well to see if that would help. It did not help my problem out. well it
did speed my computer a little. Anyway, HELP ME PLEASE!!!

--
scramingagain
2 answers Last reply

    Hi

    Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If found, could you
    please post the Event ID and Source?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "scramingagain" <scramingagain.1scodn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > My computer restarts while i play Unreal Tournament 2004 with the latest
    > patch installed. I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 on an AMD
    > 2.9 GHZ computer with 1024 of DDRRAM. I am using a Geforce4 mx 4000. I
    > can start up the game and actually play for about 20-60 seconds(it
    > varies). I got lucky playing a minute. I updated the video driver but
    > did not help. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on and how to
    > fix the problem? Oh yeah! My computer also restarts while I am cropping
    > pictures using Ahead Nero's Photo Shop Elite(Came with my camera). Any
    > Ideas on whats going on? I tried spy killers and registry fixers as
    > well to see if that would help. It did not help my problem out. well it
    > did speed my computer a little. Anyway, HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    >

    > --
    > scramingagain

    scramingagain <scramingagain.1scodn@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >My computer restarts while i play Unreal Tournament 2004 with the latest
    >patch installed. I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 on an AMD
    >2.9 GHZ computer with 1024 of DDRRAM. I am using a Geforce4 mx 4000. I
    >can start up the game and actually play for about 20-60 seconds(it
    >varies). I got lucky playing a minute. I updated the video driver but
    >did not help. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on and how to
    >fix the problem? Oh yeah! My computer also restarts while I am cropping
    >pictures using Ahead Nero's Photo Shop Elite(Came with my camera). Any
    >Ideas on whats going on? I tried spy killers and registry fixers as
    >well to see if that would help. It did not help my problem out. well it
    >did speed my computer a little. Anyway, HELP ME PLEASE!!!

    Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
    button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section. In the Startup
    and Recovery window click on the checkbox for "automatically restart"
    to clear it, then click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    That should put an end to the reboots. However they may be replaced
    by "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP errors. If that does happen then the
    contents of the STOP message, including the STOP code, all 4
    parameters, and any file or module names listed, will be a direct clue
    as to the underlying cause of the problem.

    Post the STOP error message information back here if you need advice
    or assistance with that.

    Also, what specific spy killers did you try? Some of the products out
    there are actually spyware apps themselves, installing more spyware
    while pretending to fix problems. Check out the programs you used at
    the following web site:

    Good luck

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada