Cannot perform updates

July 18, 2005 6:28:57 AM

Any help will be appreciated. I'm having a problem with windows. It keeps
saying this everytime I try to do a windows update.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
most out of your computer.

You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
Windows Update.

More about : perform updates

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:06:32 PM

What's the operating system you are using?

--
nightlegend@tiscali.co.uk
There's nothing so powerful as truth ,and often nothing so strange.
"Tabetha" <born321@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:o n9b7H2iFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Any help will be appreciated. I'm having a problem with windows. It keeps
> saying this everytime I try to do a windows update.
>
> Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
>
> Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
> most out of your computer.
>
> You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
> Windows Update.

July 18, 2005 10:40:36 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817144
"Thank You for Your Interest in Windows Update" Message When You Connect to the
Windows Update Web Site

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836943
You are redirected to a Web site with a "Thank you for your interest in Windows
Update" message when you try to visit the Windows Update Web site

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
When attempting to access the Windows Update Website you receive the following
message" - You must be running a Microsoft Windows Operating System in order to use
the Windows Update - WinXP & Win2000

!