Cannot perform updates

Any help will be appreciated. I'm having a problem with windows. It keeps
saying this everytime I try to do a windows update.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
most out of your computer.

You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
Windows Update.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot perform updates

    What's the operating system you are using?

    --
    nightlegend@tiscali.co.uk
    There's nothing so powerful as truth ,and often nothing so strange.
    "Tabetha" <born321@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Any help will be appreciated. I'm having a problem with windows. It keeps
    > saying this everytime I try to do a windows update.
    >
    > Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
    >
    > Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
    > most out of your computer.
    >
    > You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
    > Windows Update.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817144
    "Thank You for Your Interest in Windows Update" Message When You Connect to the
    Windows Update Web Site

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836943
    You are redirected to a Web site with a "Thank you for your interest in Windows
    Update" message when you try to visit the Windows Update Web site

    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
    When attempting to access the Windows Update Website you receive the following
    message" - You must be running a Microsoft Windows Operating System in order to use
    the Windows Update - WinXP & Win2000

    "Tabetha" <born321@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Any help will be appreciated. I'm having a problem with windows. It keeps saying
    > this everytime I try to do a windows update.
    >
    > Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
    >
    > Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out
    > of your computer.
    >
    > You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use Windows
    > Update.

Support Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP