Hello !
I have notebook compaq nx7010 running win xp pro sp2
windows recognized usb drivers usb 2 and it appers in the device manager
seems to be correctly. but when in plus usb device (mouse, disk on key,
external ide .) the system does not responed, and the device would not work.
any help ?

I'm having a somewhat similar issue... i bought a USB flash drive and it will
not be recognized by XP Pro.. i took the drive to another computer and it
works fine.. i've never had any problems getting USB devices to work on this
system before at all.. device manager says all my USB ports are working
normally..