Can't burn discs.

Hi

I purchased a new pc in August of last year. Didn't seem to have any
problems burning discs. About a month later i had to format my hard drive due
to discovering spyware which I couldn't get rid of. Formatted my hard drive
and ever since i've rarely been able to burn anything to a blank cd. When I
put a blank cd in my drive it won't detect it for some reason which in turn
means that I can't burn anything to disc. Any idea as to what the problem
could be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Go to Control Panel - Admin Tools – Services
or click Start, Run and type : services.msc

Make sure that IMAPI CD Burning is Started.
If not, double click it, set Startup type to Automatic, Apply.Exit and reboot.

Now in My Computer, right-click the drive, Properties, Recording Page and make sure
'Enable recording' is checked

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529
CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device.