Sign in with
Your question

Need a card to go along: T-bird 1ghz!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2001 1:21:06 PM

I need a card that can go along with a 1Ghz Athlon-b, 256 PC-133 Sdram, 7,200 RPM SCSI H.D., So you'll see the Card is the only issue here, that may cause a bottleneck.
I do: (60% CAD, 30% play, 10% other stuff)

Wich card should i get. (no more than U$ 300, please)

Is the Geforce GTS enough
Wich chipset is the right one.

THANKS.

More about : card bird 1ghz

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2001 8:15:08 AM

Well for <$300 I would say a GTS/Radeon is your best bet, but I don't how they handle CAD, or which one handles it better. Anything faster, though, will run you more than $300, so I guess that's about it for you.

Regards,
Warden
March 15, 2001 8:24:23 AM

GF2 Ultra is the best for gameplay + 3d rendering.

<i><b><font color=red>"2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2"</font color=red></b></i>
Related resources
March 15, 2001 10:02:23 AM

The GTS can be found for $180, and you can modify it for higher mem/gpu rates if you want (+$20). Look around to see if it handles CAD, but most likely it does.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2001 12:12:48 PM

Depends on how long you're willing to wait..
the Ultra's are going to drop in price as soon as the GeForce3 comes into the spotlight, they should drop to somewhere near the price you're looking at, maybe less.

The GTS is a good card, try to go with the DDR version though and, not sure if they make it, but 64MB would cain..

Everything goes well on a GTS, there's really no cad i know of that needs more...

<b><font color=blue>Note to self: Never buy <i>anything</i> without checking with <font color=red>Tom</font color=red> first...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 16, 2001 12:50:12 PM

Tell us a little more about the GeForce2 Pro, i don't think i have heard much about it.. it's not just the standard with AGP Pro is it? and if it is, what's the big difference?

<b><font color=blue>Note to self: Never buy <i>anything</i> without checking with <font color=red>Tom</font color=red> first...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAudiophile on 03/17/01 00:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
!