Ron

I have 10 XPpro SP2 licences OEM, got with 10 new dell units,
How can i set up one unit with XP and our CRM software and remove the
various junk (AOL,Wannadoo etc) as standard to how i wish them to be. Then
use drive imaging to duplicate this setup to all other 9 units, but change
XPpro key to the legal keys that came with each unit rather than the copied
version from imaging the drives.
Hope that makes sense, it does in my head anyway...

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"Ron" wrote:

> I have 10 XPpro SP2 licences OEM, got with 10 new dell units,
> How can i set up one unit with XP and our CRM software and remove the
> various junk (AOL,Wannadoo etc) as standard to how i wish them to be. Then
> use drive imaging to duplicate this setup to all other 9 units, but change
> XPpro key to the legal keys that came with each unit rather than the copied
> version from imaging the drives.
> Hope that makes sense, it does in my head anyway...

By the sounds of the post you already know how to copy an image of the drive
to another - correct me if im wrong. This is the best way i could think of
for chaging the product keys - its a bit trickey and you will have to do it
on all 9 other computers. :

Note
Editing the registry is risky, so be sure you have a verified backup before
making any changes.

Edit the registry of the machine.
Use Regedit and find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents

In the right pane, right-click the ODBETimer binary value and select Modify.
Change at least one character of this value to either a number from 0 to 9 or
to a letter from A to F, and then click OK and close the Registry Editor.
This renders the current product key invalid and deactivates Windows.

Reactivate Windows using your new product key.
Click Start | Run and enter the command: %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe /a
Windows will launch the Product Activation Wizard.

Select the option to telephone a Microsoft customer service representative
to activate Windows.
Select the Change Product Key option and enter your new product key.
Click Update and close the window.

If Windows returns you to the previous screen, just select the Remind Me
Later option. When the wizard is finished, reboot the system.
When Windows reboots, your next step will depend on which Windows XP version
you are using.

If you have XP Home or Professional, you’ll be prompted to reactivate your
copy of Windows through the normal activation process. If you have XP
Corporate, no activation is required and your machine should have a valid
product ID.

This guide was copyed from http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5224649.html#
and there is a little more detail on there.

Ron,
Check out the Nlite Homepage;
'nLite 1.0 beta 5' (http://www.nliteos.com/)
Don't be put off by the beta .ver, all of Nuki's stuff is beta.
(grin)

After that, go to MSFN.org, Unattended Install Forum for tweaks &
tips.
'MSFN' (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=70)

This should get you on your way.
Best,