System32NTOSKRNL.EXE missing or corrupt

I have had my Dell computer for about a month. When I boot up I get a
message saying that I can't boot up because <windows root>
System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt. I get the same thing for
system32\DRIVERS NTFS.SYS.

I have worked with Dell to get this resolved without success. I have gone
to the recovery console to try to fix this problem without success. If I try
booting up after getting these messages I am able to so after about 3 trys.
This is a NEW computer and I have been having this trouble since I bought it.
I don't want to lose my data because I have already entered it 3 times.

HELP

Larry
2 answers Last reply
More about system32ntoskrnl missing corrupt

    I would assume a new computer would be under Warranty and if you've been having
    trouble ever since you've had the computer, then Dell should fix it.

    Anyway for your information if it is of assistance?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
    Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
    Configuration Problem
    http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co1.htm
    How Do I Rectify A Missing or Corrupt Ntoskrnl Error

    http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co.htm
    How Do I Rectify A Missing or Corrupt NTFS.SYS Error

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822800
    "Missing or corrupt Ntfs.sys" error message when you restart Windows XP after you
    convert your hard disk to the NTFS file system

    L M wrote:
    > I have had my Dell computer for about a month. When I boot up I get a
    > message saying that I can't boot up because <windows root>
    > System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt. I get the same thing for
    > system32\DRIVERS NTFS.SYS.
    >
    > I have worked with Dell to get this resolved without success. I have
    > gone to the recovery console to try to fix this problem without
    > success. If I try booting up after getting these messages I am able
    > to so after about 3 trys. This is a NEW computer and I have been
    > having this trouble since I bought it. I don't want to lose my data
    > because I have already entered it 3 times.
    >
    > HELP
    >
    > Larry

    The original question was asking about what to do when you receive this
    message: "<windows root>
    System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt." It appears that you gave
    information on how to solve the "system32\DRIVERS NTFS.SYS" message.
    does the instructions/websites you gave apply to both system messages?

    I have also received this message mysteriously last night. It was working
    fine yesterday morning, when i returned home that evening i got this message.
    I will have to try this method tonight and i'll let you know if it works
    tomorrow.

    "TaurArian" wrote:

    > I would assume a new computer would be under Warranty and if you've been having
    > trouble ever since you've had the computer, then Dell should fix it.
    >
    > Anyway for your information if it is of assistance?
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
    > Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
    > Configuration Problem
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co1.htm
    > How Do I Rectify A Missing or Corrupt Ntoskrnl Error
    >
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co.htm
    > How Do I Rectify A Missing or Corrupt NTFS.SYS Error
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822800
    > "Missing or corrupt Ntfs.sys" error message when you restart Windows XP after you
    > convert your hard disk to the NTFS file system
    >

    > L M wrote:
    > > I have had my Dell computer for about a month. When I boot up I get a
    > > message saying that I can't boot up because <windows root>
    > > System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt. I get the same thing for
    > > system32\DRIVERS NTFS.SYS.
    > >
    > > I have worked with Dell to get this resolved without success. I have
    > > gone to the recovery console to try to fix this problem without
    > > success. If I try booting up after getting these messages I am able
    > > to so after about 3 trys. This is a NEW computer and I have been
    > > having this trouble since I bought it. I don't want to lose my data
    > > because I have already entered it 3 times.
    > >
    > > HELP
    > >
    > > Larry

Windows XP