blank screen on startup

July 18, 2005 2:18:03 PM

I have windows XP sp2 home edition. Had a problem with video card driver
and as I was updating , it requested I erase old driver but new install
locked up and did not complete. Computer froze and on re-boot after running
through normal sequence I get blank screen with flashing curser in upper left
corner. Is there a way to get back and perform a restore either from
computer or the windows CD? As I stated, unable to get any picture on screen.

many thanks,

More about : blank screen startup

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:59:25 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
Computer Stops Responding with a Black Screen When You Start Windows

!