blank screen on startup

I have windows XP sp2 home edition. Had a problem with video card driver
and as I was updating , it requested I erase old driver but new install
locked up and did not complete. Computer froze and on re-boot after running
through normal sequence I get blank screen with flashing curser in upper left
corner. Is there a way to get back and perform a restore either from
computer or the windows CD? As I stated, unable to get any picture on screen.

many thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about blank screen startup

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503
    Computer Stops Responding with a Black Screen When You Start Windows

    ketl70 wrote:
    > I have windows XP sp2 home edition. Had a problem with video card
    > driver and as I was updating , it requested I erase old driver but
    > new install locked up and did not complete. Computer froze and on
    > re-boot after running through normal sequence I get blank screen with
    > flashing curser in upper left corner. Is there a way to get back and
    > perform a restore either from computer or the windows CD? As I
    > stated, unable to get any picture on screen.
    >
    > many thanks,

Computers Windows XP