Computer locks up 3 seconds after winxp logo appears

About two weeks ago my computer started shutting down. Today it refused to
even go past the Windows XP loading page freezing when the blue lines are
moving around. It works in safe mode, and when I did a log bootup the last
thing that came up was: Loaded driver
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fastfat.SYS . Please help me, I need a
computer,
Thanx.

Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK /R

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"skulmat" <skulmat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25CCBC20-42BF-4371-95F9-3A59D7B7BD94@microsoft.com...
> About two weeks ago my computer started shutting down. Today it refused to
> even go past the Windows XP loading page freezing when the blue lines are
> moving around. It works in safe mode, and when I did a log bootup the last
> thing that came up was: Loaded driver
> \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fastfat.SYS . Please help me, I need a
> computer,
> Thanx.

Hey I have the same problem.
I've tried repair install, checking/uninstalling all hardware, fixboot,
fixmbr, rolling back drivers. It still does the same thing, at the logo
screen (blue progress loading bar) the system crashes and only power off,
boot to safe mode/restart gets me back into windows.