Closed

Price for a pac board with clay's multipac

What would a complete, working Pac / Ms Pac board with clay's multipac on it
cost me (assuming someone would sell me one)?
27 answers Last reply
More about price board clay multipac

    I would have to say it would be roughly between $300-350 for the pair.

    HTH,
    Brian

    "keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    > What would a complete, working Pac / Ms Pac board with clay's multipac on
    > it
    > cost me (assuming someone would sell me one)?

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    that said... an original board with clay's kit vs say.. a 4 in 1 or 9 in 1
    programmable jamma...
    what's most reliable and best? keeping in mind i HAVE to have ms pac with
    the speed up chip version either way i decide to go or my wife won't let the
    machine in the house. haha.

    i'll have to factor in either making or buying a jamma adapter for it
    because i'll be putting it in a jamma cabinet.

    thx.

    "Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
    > I would have to say it would be roughly between $300-350 for the pair.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Brian
    >

    > "keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    > > What would a complete, working Pac / Ms Pac board with clay's multipac
    on
    > > it
    > > cost me (assuming someone would sell me one)?

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I have the 30 in one on my machine.
    it is reliable and enjoyable but I would consider it more like a 3 in
    one with cheats and speed up option. I really only use the pac, ms pac,
    and once in a while the mini pac
    when peeps wanna see it. the others are basically just graphic
    alterations.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    anyone have thoughts on / experiences with the retroarcade 30-in-1 multipac
    kit?
    i was looking online for some info on it and couldn't find any.

    thx.

    > that said... an original board with clay's kit vs say.. a 4 in 1 or 9 in 1
    > programmable jamma...
    > what's most reliable and best? keeping in mind i HAVE to have ms pac with
    > the speed up chip version either way i decide to go or my wife won't let
    the
    > machine in the house. haha.
    >
    > i'll have to factor in either making or buying a jamma adapter for it
    > because i'll be putting it in a jamma cabinet.
    >
    > thx.
    >

    > "Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
    > > I would have to say it would be roughly between $300-350 for the pair.
    > >
    > > HTH,
    > > Brian
    > >

    > > "keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    > > > What would a complete, working Pac / Ms Pac board with clay's multipac
    > on
    > > > it
    > > > cost me (assuming someone would sell me one)?

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    thats what i figured. which is fine with me. i probably would have settled
    for a jamma board that played pac man and ms pac with the speed up chip
    thing.

    this should work out good then.

    thanks for the info.
    now i just need to find someone willing to donate an unpopulated pac or ms
    pac, metal CP in need of refinishing since i just blew my wallet on the
    board. :)

    maybe i can make one out of wood or plexi. I saw one in a pizza parlor that
    had a hard black plastic CP (pvc maybe). i'm sure i can rig something up.

    k.

    "punchdaddy" <richie@punchrecords.net> wrote in message
    > I have the 30 in one on my machine.
    > it is reliable and enjoyable but I would consider it more like a 3 in
    > one with cheats and speed up option. I really only use the pac, ms pac,
    > and once in a while the mini pac
    > when peeps wanna see it. the others are basically just graphic
    > alterations.

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I just got the 96-1 because of the mr and mrs pacman and for piranna
    and of course the all the crazy mazes and options. Now I play the
    machine once in a while. ;) Piranna has to be one of the most
    frustrating games I like. :)
    ~eric
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    OK, so I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag. We will be
    distributing Tom's new Retrocade multiPac 2, or whatever you wish to
    call it. If you like the old one, this one is 'da bomb, as the kids
    used to say. (I have no clue what is current verbage) Anyway, similar
    arrangement as before, which some new enhancements. Battery backed RAM
    for high scores, etc. I am not sure if they old version had that.
    Also some new games like Tetris clone, etc. I'll have a game list
    soon. The biggest two points are that the kit can work on some of the
    new JAMMA Ms Pac boards, so you can have a true plug n play JAMMA
    solution and the menu is vastly improved. With all of those crazy maze
    versions, etc., I think that it is hard to know what is what. Instead
    of paging through TEXT lists of games, you flip through screenshots of
    the different varieties of games. So, you can see what the
    game/maze/characters look like before selecting. Also, on each page,
    you select FAST, SLOW, PAUSE, CHEAT, so that cuts down on the large
    list of games to plow through. All of this will be better explained
    when I take some pics next week.

    Thanks

    Dave
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    the CAAAT......is outa da bag :) Dave bought us out so he is going to
    be your man from this point on. You guys will love this kit, and I know
    Dave will do a fine job of handling this new kit ,we wish him all the
    luck. Tom
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    The menu is rather tedius on that 96-1. Screen shots would really be
    cool!
    ~eric
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    > thats what i figured. which is fine with me. i probably would have settled
    > for a jamma board that played pac man and ms pac with the speed up chip
    > thing.

    I haven't compared prices but I would bet the 96in1 is comparably priced and
    has some more interesting options such as pengo and an SI type game.

    Dave

    ---
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I don't know, seems like cycling through a hundred pages of
    screenshots to get to the game you want might be more tedious. But if
    that's what people want I'm sure I could add it to the 96in1.
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    That's not what it does. Each screenshot is just for one game
    variation. At that screenshot menu, you choose FAST, REGULAR, CHEAT,
    PAUSE. So, it's a lot better to naviagate. Similar to Arcadeshop's
    boards.

    Dave
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I see, that works if you don't have very many game variations. I have
    96 mazes for pacman alone so I would have well over a hundred pages of
    screenshots if I tried to do that.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    You can use the player 2 button to page (fast forward) through the
    menus on the 96 in 1, hitting that only 5 times gets you through all of
    them, that's not tedius at all.

    Mike Doyle
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    For the record, I have never had a problem with Dave Widel nor Mike
    Doyle. Rather, the contrary. But, I was warned about from dealer
    friend, that one one both of them is really adversarial regarding their
    multipac product. I WILL NOT start any sort of flame war even though I
    see that they areleaning toward that. The fact is that many people
    like the 96-in-1 kit, but complain about the boring interface. The kit
    that I sell is vastly improved in that sense. Let the buyer decide and
    I wish all parties well.

    Dave G.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Dave, I've traded with you in the past and post openly here- I'm
    surprised someone would label me as "adversarial". Flame wars present
    nohing more than entertainment for the observers and I think I've
    worked too hard for too long to destroy my reputation by taking pot
    shots at a competitor.

    Your comments in your post yesterday could be taken the wrong way when
    you point out in all caps about paging through a TEXT list of games, I
    figured it was for emphasis and let it slide instead of ramping up a
    campaign of words that it was a hit against our kit.

    I've been aware for weeks that the preliminary version of the Retrocade
    kit borrowed heavily from our kit's code, I didn't post any flames
    since I hadn't seen proof in the final release. I've distributed code
    freely, even copies to update one of our kits owned by the team that
    developed Retrocade, to think that the 96 in 1 code would be used in
    the development of a competing product after being given under the
    guise of a favor is upsetting.

    I'm here to promote the 96 in 1, answer questions and provide support,
    I'll correct inaccuracies about my kit when I see them posted and I'd
    expect you'd do the same about your product.

    What I won't do is sit back silently when someone post that they were
    "expecting me to be adversarial" about their product when I respond to
    those inaccuracies about my product.

    Mike Doyle
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    i think the bottom line will be price. with all things being equal except
    the interface (games, sound and video quality, etc).. i wouldn't pay more
    just for a prettier interface unless someone was specifically asking me to
    build them one with it.

    cash is king.. and me, like everyone.. is looking to save some.

    keith.

    "Electronic Amusements" <Electronicamuse@aol.com> wrote in message
    > For the record, I have never had a problem with Dave Widel nor Mike
    > Doyle. Rather, the contrary. But, I was warned about from dealer
    > friend, that one one both of them is really adversarial regarding their
    > multipac product. I WILL NOT start any sort of flame war even though I
    > see that they areleaning toward that. The fact is that many people
    > like the 96-in-1 kit, but complain about the boring interface. The kit
    > that I sell is vastly improved in that sense. Let the buyer decide and
    > I wish all parties well.
    >
    > Dave G.

  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Keith- that sounds like a great idea to me. We've been working on
    something new as well that will offer the most titles and features, so
    I'd hold onto your dollars :-)

    Our new kit is testing right now and the code is done so aside from
    tweaking dimensions it will be to market in May. It's a direct plug in
    with no ribbon cable and an intergral Sync Buss along with nvRAM that
    doesn't rely on an internal battery. Other features include color prom
    banking to support an expanded list of titles.

    Aside from the potential flamewars, at the end of the day the
    collectors are going to win since competition will hone the offerings.

    I'd be interested in seeing a proposal for comparison criteria and
    hearing the results if you were to stack our new kit up against the
    competition.

    Mike Doyle
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Although I said that I wouldn't respond to this growing thread, I
    thought it prudent to point out one fact, which is that I had nothing
    to do with the developement of this product. I have no knowledge of
    the kit running Clay's, Mike D's, public domain, or all new code. This
    isn't like a standard disclaimer, it's just that I was offered a
    product to resell and I made a deal to do so. Truthfully, I am no
    programmer, so the whole subject is above my head.. Also, I never said
    that I didn't like Mike's board. I do, and I have one myself. But, I
    like the menu on the new board better. YMMV. I am not planning on
    dropping the price to undercut theirs. Actually, I think that my kit
    will be more expensive. I have had chances to buy true clone multipac
    kits, and have always passed. Yes, I see the irony of cloning a
    bootleg. :)

    Thats it!

    Dave G.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I have a GREAT idea.
    Just send me 1 of each board and I'll have my team of video game testers
    (me, my son, my wife and anyone who comes over) thoroughly test and review
    both kits from a home user perspective. i'll post my results here and
    endorse the overall best product.

    of course for my time and endorsement, i'd need to be compensated with the
    boards you send so i'd be keeping them... haha.

    Expecting to be ignored,
    keith.

    :D

    <syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dave, I've traded with you in the past and post openly here- I'm
    > surprised someone would label me as "adversarial". Flame wars present
    > nohing more than entertainment for the observers and I think I've
    > worked too hard for too long to destroy my reputation by taking pot
    > shots at a competitor.
    >
    > Your comments in your post yesterday could be taken the wrong way when
    > you point out in all caps about paging through a TEXT list of games, I
    > figured it was for emphasis and let it slide instead of ramping up a
    > campaign of words that it was a hit against our kit.
    >
    > I've been aware for weeks that the preliminary version of the Retrocade
    > kit borrowed heavily from our kit's code, I didn't post any flames
    > since I hadn't seen proof in the final release. I've distributed code
    > freely, even copies to update one of our kits owned by the team that
    > developed Retrocade, to think that the 96 in 1 code would be used in
    > the development of a competing product after being given under the
    > guise of a favor is upsetting.
    >
    > I'm here to promote the 96 in 1, answer questions and provide support,
    > I'll correct inaccuracies about my kit when I see them posted and I'd
    > expect you'd do the same about your product.
    >
    > What I won't do is sit back silently when someone post that they were
    > "expecting me to be adversarial" about their product when I respond to
    > those inaccuracies about my product.
    >
    > Mike Doyle

  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Electronic Amusements" <Electronicamuse@aol.com> wrote in message
    > For the record, I have never had a problem with Dave Widel nor Mike
    > Doyle. Rather, the contrary. But, I was warned about from dealer
    > friend, that one one both of them is really adversarial regarding their
    > multipac product. I WILL NOT start any sort of flame war even though I
    > see that they areleaning toward that. The fact is that many people
    > like the 96-in-1 kit, but complain about the boring interface. The kit
    > that I sell is vastly improved in that sense. Let the buyer decide and
    > I wish all parties well.

    As anyone who knows me knows, I'm a very laid back person. However, when I
    saw a preliminary version of this kit and it appeared to have as much code
    in it written by me as them, adversarial is the understatement of the year.
    When I see someone attempt to steal years of my work I tend to get a little
    adversarial, actually apoplectic would be a better description of my
    demeanor at the time. But this isn't the time for flames, I'll wait and see
    what the final version looks like before I pass judgment.

    Dave

    PS it is a very nice looking menu. imo better for location than home use
    though.

    ---
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    May I:

    1. Emulation
    A. Game play
    B. Graphics
    C. Sound
    2. Menu (screen shots would be appropriate here)
    A. Ease of use
    a. Speed of selection
    b. Menu speed
    B. Visual design (totally subjective...)
    3. Support
    A. Number of games
    a. variations
    B. Horizontal/Veritical support (both on same?)
    C. Cocktail support
    4. Extras
    A. H/S save
    B. Quick switch
    C. Etc.

    The trick is assigning some sort of weighting to come up with a final
    score...

    All this brings up an interesting question: Is there any site that
    currently specializes in reviewing various kit for the arcade collecting
    world? (side by side comparison articals?)

    It wouldn't be much use to do such comparisons unless it's easily found in a
    non-biased way by future purchasers.

    steve
    > Keith- that sounds like a great idea to me. We've been working on
    > something new as well that will offer the most titles and features, so
    > I'd hold onto your dollars :-)
    >
    > Our new kit is testing right now and the code is done so aside from
    > tweaking dimensions it will be to market in May. It's a direct plug in
    > with no ribbon cable and an intergral Sync Buss along with nvRAM that
    > doesn't rely on an internal battery. Other features include color prom
    > banking to support an expanded list of titles.
    >
    > Aside from the potential flamewars, at the end of the day the
    > collectors are going to win since competition will hone the offerings.
    >
    > I'd be interested in seeing a proposal for comparison criteria and
    > hearing the results if you were to stack our new kit up against the
    > competition.
    >
    > Mike Doyle

  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    syncbus@gmail.com wrote:
    > Keith- that sounds like a great idea to me. We've been working on
    > something new as well that will offer the most titles and features,
    so
    > I'd hold onto your dollars :-)
    >
    > Our new kit is testing right now and the code is done so aside from
    > tweaking dimensions it will be to market in May. It's a direct plug
    in
    > with no ribbon cable and an intergral Sync Buss along with nvRAM that
    > doesn't rely on an internal battery. Other features include color
    prom
    > banking to support an expanded list of titles.
    >
    > Aside from the potential flamewars, at the end of the day the
    > collectors are going to win since competition will hone the
    offerings.

    > I'd be interested in seeing a proposal for comparison criteria and
    > hearing the results if you were to stack our new kit up against the
    > competition.
    >
    > Mike Doyle

    Mike,
    Send over one of those bad boy kits for Beta testing. I'm interested.
    I'll even buy it prior to the official release.

    John
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Hey Steve, I think you got a little mixed up on your threads....
    We're not talking about emu boards. These are multi kits that run on true hardware.

    Matt

    "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message news:oiece.7504$Sk6.7242@trndny08...
    > May I:
    >
    > 1. Emulation
    > A. Game play
    > B. Graphics
    > C. Sound
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Yup...

    I'm going to bed now... ok... so it is 1:40 in the afternoon... so what...

    "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > Hey Steve, I think you got a little mixed up on your threads....
    > We're not talking about emu boards. These are multi kits that run on true
    > hardware.
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> May I:
    >>
    >> 1. Emulation
    >> A. Game play
    >> B. Graphics
    >> C. Sound

  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    ok... there should be a law against a multi-pac thread and a multi-game
    thread going on at the same time...

    "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > Hey Steve, I think you got a little mixed up on your threads....
    > We're not talking about emu boards. These are multi kits that run on true
    > hardware.
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> May I:
    >>
    >> 1. Emulation
    >> A. Game play
    >> B. Graphics
    >> C. Sound

  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    sorry. that was my fault. haha.
    i was multi-tasking. ;)

    > ok... there should be a law against a multi-pac thread and a multi-game
    > thread going on at the same time...
    >
    > "Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > > Hey Steve, I think you got a little mixed up on your threads....
    > > We're not talking about emu boards. These are multi kits that run on
    true
    > > hardware.
    > >
    > > Matt
    > >
    > > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> May I:
    > >>
    > >> 1. Emulation
    > >> A. Game play
    > >> B. Graphics
    > >> C. Sound

Classifieds Games Video Hot Deals Product