Problem with system restore - UNDO INCOMPLETE

Hi

For some reason my system restore is playing up. I never use it
ordinarily - but after a recent windowsupdate, my sound drivers were
overwritten with new ones which didn't work. I did the 'roll back
driver' thing - and hey preston, I get sound again.

Not sure what happened next but now, everytime I boot I get a message
- UNDO INCOMPLETE - system restore error. I can continue to boot -
and everything works - and no matter what I do - trying to restore to
an older date - or anything, I always get this error on boot.

Can anyone help me get rid of it? The PC works perfectly but for
this!

Thanks in advance

Simon
4 answers Last reply
More about problem system restore undo incomplete

    Hi Simon

    A rollback of a driver wouldn't invoke System Restore. Did you attempt any
    other recovery of your system before the rollback?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:25:09 +0100, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
    wrote:

    >A rollback of a driver wouldn't invoke System Restore. Did you attempt any
    >other recovery of your system before the rollback?

    Hi Will

    If I am totally honest, I can't remember. It has been going on for
    several days - and I may have given up on the driver roll back and
    gone for a restore......? My god, my memory is getting worse!!

    Cheers

    Simon

    Hi Simon

    Don't worry about your memory - we all need to lose it at some time :-)

    Try a Systerm Restore to the point before you started getting that error
    messages - does that work OK?

    --

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:43:51 +0100, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Try a Systerm Restore to the point before you started getting that error
    >messages - does that work OK?

    Tried that Will - went back 2 weeks- and the reboot message was the
    same -

    Weird eh....?

    Si

Boot Microsoft System Restore Windows XP