Question on Slipstreaming XP service packs for Dell OEM XP..

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I hear that for XP Pro which I want to slipstream, the only CD with which there are no failures resulting from the slipstream is the
one with part number 0M150, at least for SP1 though I assume the same applies to SP2, while the others give that irritating VGA.SYS
error. I understand that there are hotfixes in the i386\svcpack directory on my CD with part number 6U814 and also in the $OEM$
directory, some IE updates. Does the 0M150 version lack both or what? Please help.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Any original or SP1 Microsoft Windows XP CD can be used
to slipstream SP2.

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

or

AutoStreamer 1.0.33 (preferred)
http://www.wbeta.com/comments.php?shownews=1063&catid=2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"dmax1" wrote:

| I hear that for XP Pro which I want to slipstream, the only CD with which there are no failures resulting from the slipstream is
the
| one with part number 0M150, at least for SP1 though I assume the same applies to SP2, while the others give that irritating
VGA.SYS
| error. I understand that there are hotfixes in the i386\svcpack directory on my CD with part number 6U814 and also in the $OEM$
| directory, some IE updates. Does the 0M150 version lack both or what? Please help.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-4, 05/06/2005
Tested on: 5/7/2005 9:50:50 PM

David

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I slipstreamed using XP Pro Dell OEM SP1 cd (used AutoStreamer) with
no problem...my part number (from cd) is 6W896.
Dave

TRENDING THREADS