DOS Prompt still black after exit

Hi,

We’re running Windows XP-SP2 on a Compaq Evo D510 SSF machine.
We’re running Novell Client 4.91-SP0 on these machines, and lately
some of the machines have started acting weird:

Whenever we launch a DOS PROMPT they go into fullscreen and when we
type: EXIT or use ALT+ENTER the screen turns into black screen. We
cannot do anything else than switch the power off :(

But when the screen is black, we can reach the machine from elsewhere
using Remote Connection.

Does anyone know what the cause can bee? I’ve tried to set
FullScreen in Registry to FALSE, but without any luck.

Thanks in advance
Rasmus.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-DOS-Prompt-black-exit-ftopict395728.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1304157

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"rjpa" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're running Windows XP-SP2 on a Compaq Evo D510 SSF machine.
> We're running Novell Client 4.91-SP0 on these machines, and
> lately some of the machines have started acting weird:
>
> Whenever we launch a DOS PROMPT they go into fullscreen and
> when we type: EXIT or use ALT+ENTER the screen turns into
> black screen. We cannot do anything else than switch the power
> off :(
>
> But when the screen is black, we can reach the machine from
> elsewhere using Remote Connection.
>
> Does anyone know what the cause can bee? I've tried to set
> FullScreen in Registry to FALSE, but without any luck.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Rasmus.

Perhaps this is a graphics driver problem, try it with a different
full screen application that change the resolution, such as windows
media player visualations. If that works fine, I can’t think of any
other possibilities.

"Sparda" wrote:
> Perhaps this is a graphics driver problem, try it with a
> different full screen application that change the resolution,
> such as windows media player visualations. If that works fine,
> I can’t think of any other possibilities.

I’ve tried that, it doesn’t make the screen go black :(
I’ve also tried to upgrade the graphics driver, but without any luck
:(

/Rasmus

Do you obtain the prompt through launching: Novell Client or by "run"
command in windows? If so it may be a Novell Client problem.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL