Outlook Express vs. microsoft outlook

can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and Microsoft
Outlook is?

I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone and
I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
difference is or how to fix it!

Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about outlook express microsoft outlook

    Outlook is not a newsreader - you need Outlook Express to continue to read
    these newsgroups.

    "Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
    > can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
    > Microsoft
    > Outlook is?
    >
    > I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
    > and
    > I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
    > difference is or how to fix it!
    >
    > Thanks!

    "Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
    > can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
    > Microsoft
    > Outlook is?
    >
    > I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
    > and
    > I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
    > difference is or how to fix it!
    >
    > Thanks!

    The Treo syncs with Outlook which is a different program from Outlook
    Express. It can be purchased seperately or with Microsoft Office. Outlook is
    a PIM as well as an email program. You can use the Palm Desktop instead of
    Outlook to manage appointments etc. on your pc.

    Kerry

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%235%23UAc9iFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Jerry <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Outlook is not a newsreader - you need Outlook Express to continue to read
    > these newsgroups.
    >
    > "Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
    >> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
    >> Microsoft
    >> Outlook is?
    >>
    >> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
    >> and
    >> I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
    >> difference is or how to fix it!
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257824

    Outlook versus Outlook Express
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011169051033.aspx

    Outlook and Outlook Express: Brothers, not twins
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010565781033.aspx

    [[Note While it may appear that Outlook 2003 does have newgroup support,
    when you launch the newsreader, it actually opens in an Outlook Express
    window.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com,
    Ideal Destinations <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
    pecked:

    Ideal Destinations wrote:
    > can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and Microsoft
    > Outlook is?
    >
    > I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone and
    > I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
    > difference is or how to fix it!
    >
    > Thanks!

    OL2002 Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257824

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    OE is a mail and newsgroup reader and writer. Periode!

    Outlook is a mail reader and writer with an advanced PIM, i.e. a Personal
    Information Manager.
    You know a program where you keep an close eye on you contacts, calendar,
    tasks and meetings and so forth and so on...
    As a matter of fact actually :-)

    --

    regards
    Zadig Galbaras

    "Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i
    melding news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
    > can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
    > Microsoft
    > Outlook is?
    >
    > I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
    > and
    > I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
    > difference is or how to fix it!
    >
    > Thanks!

Microsoft Outlook Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP