Outlook Express vs. microsoft outlook

July 18, 2005 5:20:01 PM

can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and Microsoft
Outlook is?

I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone and
I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
difference is or how to fix it!

Thanks!
July 18, 2005 5:26:46 PM

Outlook is not a newsreader - you need Outlook Express to continue to read
these newsgroups.

"Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
> Microsoft
> Outlook is?
>
> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
> and
> I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
> difference is or how to fix it!
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:10:04 PM

"Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
> Microsoft
> Outlook is?
>
> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
> and
> I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
> difference is or how to fix it!
>
> Thanks!

The Treo syncs with Outlook which is a different program from Outlook
Express. It can be purchased seperately or with Microsoft Office. Outlook is
a PIM as well as an email program. You can use the Palm Desktop instead of
Outlook to manage appointments etc. on your pc.

Kerry
July 18, 2005 8:32:42 PM

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%235%23UAc9iFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Jerry <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> hunted and pecked:
> Outlook is not a newsreader - you need Outlook Express to continue to read
> these newsgroups.
>
> "Ideal Destinations" <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com...
>> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
>> Microsoft
>> Outlook is?
>>
>> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
>> and
>> I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
>> difference is or how to fix it!
>>
>> Thanks!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:33:13 PM

Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257824

Outlook versus Outlook Express
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01116905...

Outlook and Outlook Express: Brothers, not twins
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01056578...

[[Note While it may appear that Outlook 2003 does have newgroup support,
when you launch the newsreader, it actually opens in an Outlook Express
window.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8B8EAF98-6573-4C07-AD94-103EE04B3620@microsoft.com,
Ideal Destinations <IdealDestinations@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and
> Microsoft Outlook is?
>
> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone
> and I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
> difference is or how to fix it!
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:25:08 PM

Ideal Destinations wrote:
> can anyone tell me what the difference between Outlook Express and Microsoft
> Outlook is?
>
> I am trying to sync my email (contacts etc.) with a new Palm Treo phone and
> I think I may need M.O. instead of O.E., but I am not sure what the
> difference is or how to fix it!
>
> Thanks!

OL2002 Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257824

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:12:24 AM

OE is a mail and newsgroup reader and writer. Periode!

Outlook is a mail reader and writer with an advanced PIM, i.e. a Personal
Information Manager.
You know a program where you keep an close eye on you contacts, calendar,
tasks and meetings and so forth and so on...
As a matter of fact actually :-)

--

regards
Zadig Galbaras