Painfully slow boot-up and operation

July 18, 2005 6:21:04 PM

Hi there

I recently returned my notebook to the manufacturer due to a failed DVD-drive.

They replaced the DVD-drive and the main board, but now the computer is very
slow. It takes over 5 minutes to boot-up and the most basic operations take
an age.

Is there a solution that doesn't involve a full system recovery, as their
helpdesk is recommending?

rgds

Mark
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:36:05 PM

Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start-up/recovery,settings,in
the default OS window,it should read:microsoft windows XP home (or pro)
fast detect If anything else is worded,usually after fast detect,edit and
delete.
You can/could also go to like google.com,search,download and install
microsofts
Boot_Vis Tool,although microsoft eliminated the tool from availability a
year or
two ago,it will reorganize start up to quicken the time...

> Hi there
>
> I recently returned my notebook to the manufacturer due to a failed DVD-drive.
>
> They replaced the DVD-drive and the main board, but now the computer is very
> slow. It takes over 5 minutes to boot-up and the most basic operations take
> an age.
>
> Is there a solution that doesn't involve a full system recovery, as their
> helpdesk is recommending?
>
> rgds
>
> Mark
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:47:02 PM

Hi Andrew

thank you for the advice - my default OS is "Windows XP Media Center
Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect - so this looks to be okay - I'll try
your second suggestion and see if that works.

ta

Mark

!