USB not recognizing a flash drive

i bought a lexarmedia 512mb drive.. XP Pro won't recognize it.. i inserted it
into every USB port on my system.. same message.. then into another
computer.. it works great... device manager says the different USB ports are
working correctly and i've never had any issues with any other USB hardware
before.. any help would be appreciated
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about recognizing flash drive

    What is the "same message"?

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    the message i get when i plug my USB drive in a USB port "USB device not
    recognized" this drive has no drivers either.. except for one on
    lexarmedia's site for Win98SE..

    "Al Romanosky" wrote:

    > What is the "same message"?

    > AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.