Windows freeze, all but the program I am at had with.

This freezing of all but the program at hand problem can be resolved
with "alt-ctrl_del" and then without closing anything just the window
that appears with "alt-ctrl_del" then everything works a few minutes
and soon I need to redo "alt-ctrl_del" and close the requester that
appears, to unfreeze the other windows of other actions, (with
internet explorer it can freeze all but the former window.)

This is a nagging problem I cannot shake...
I noticed it first in win 2000 pro sp4 with ATI aiw 9700 pro, and an
IWill k266-r motherboard and 1/2 gig of ram AMD Athlon 1.33mhz.

Soon after I bought me an Asus k8ne-delux motherboard Athlon 64 3200+
Processor, a new Hard drive, New DDR 1 gig of ram, ATI AIW 9700Pro vid
card. I tried it at first with old system win2k Pro SP4, then I did a
fresh install with WinXP, and then I updated the winXP till June 2k5
updates. The problem still persisted.
So I RMA’d the ATI AIW Card back to ATI, thinking it has to be the
card, everything else is new.
Now I removed the video drivers and installed an earlier ATI card ATI
AIW Radion 32DDR, hoping to find the problem gone,

To my deep dismay, The problem is still here...

I now am thinking it must be either the ATI drivers or the security
updates of both win2k and win XP, or some conflict between programs or
hard ware... but damn it is frustrating to spend so much money and
have the problem undresolved... :(

2 totally different computers 2 operating systems...

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Windows-freeze-program-ftopict395909.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1304807

The Event Viewer should have some error.

--
Mark L. Ferguson