new computer wont boot from cd-rom

July 18, 2005 10:35:42 PM

ok so i just made a new pc
amd athlon 64 3200+
asus a8n-e
corsair 1gb value select ram

i set my bios to boot from cd-rom but it wont work. i tried dvd burner
and dvdr-om

also made a ms-dos boot disk but dont know how to use -_-

can someone please help

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-computer-wo...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308441

More about : computer wont boot rom

July 18, 2005 10:35:43 PM

You have something set up wrong or something such as bad memory that is
preventing the operating system from booting. Most motherboards have a
troubleshooting light system that helps eliminate the faulty component. Have
you checked for this? JJ

"rsd" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> ok so i just made a new pc
> amd athlon 64 3200+
> asus a8n-e
> corsair 1gb value select ram
>
> i set my bios to boot from cd-rom but it wont work. i tried dvd burner
> and dvdr-om
>
> also made a ms-dos boot disk but dont know how to use -_-
>
> can someone please help

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-computer-wo...
July 18, 2005 10:36:00 PM

"rsd" wrote:
> ok so i just made a new pc
> amd athlon 64 3200+
> asus a8n-e
> corsair 1gb value select ram
>
> i set my bios to boot from cd-rom but it wont work. i tried
> dvd burner and dvdr-om
>
> also made a ms-dos boot disk but dont know how to use -_-
>
> can someone please help

You dont know how to use an MS-DOS boot disk? Well, from taking a
quick peek at the manual, it ocurs to me that setting the floppy disk
drive as boot media is exacly the same as setting a cd drive as the
boot media, i would asume you did it wrong.
http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-E/e19... go
to page 82 for details of how to set boot devices.
!