new computer wont boot from cd-rom

ok so i just made a new pc
amd athlon 64 3200+
asus a8n-e
corsair 1gb value select ram

i set my bios to boot from cd-rom but it wont work. i tried dvd burner
and dvdr-om

also made a ms-dos boot disk but dont know how to use -_-

can someone please help

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-computer-wont-boot-cd-rom-ftopict396802.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308441
2 answers Last reply
More about computer wont boot

    You have something set up wrong or something such as bad memory that is
    preventing the operating system from booting. Most motherboards have a
    troubleshooting light system that helps eliminate the faulty component. Have
    you checked for this? JJ

    "rsd" wrote:
    > ok so i just made a new pc
    > amd athlon 64 3200+
    > asus a8n-e
    > corsair 1gb value select ram
    >
    > i set my bios to boot from cd-rom but it wont work. i tried
    > dvd burner and dvdr-om
    >
    > also made a ms-dos boot disk but dont know how to use -_-
    >
    > can someone please help

    You dont know how to use an MS-DOS boot disk? Well, from taking a
    quick peek at the manual, it ocurs to me that setting the floppy disk
    drive as boot media is exacly the same as setting a cd drive as the
    boot media, i would asume you did it wrong.
    http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-E/e1911_a8n-e.pdf go
    to page 82 for details of how to set boot devices.

Boot CD-Rom Windows XP