Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASUS TECH SUPPORT SUCKS

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
January 14, 2004 5:23:00 PM

I actually had a quick question for them and the guy tells me that their staff is really busy and if they could call me back. Its been 3 days now....hmm...don't think they care about their customers. Next time I will buy something other than ASUS.
October 20, 2008 3:08:19 PM

It makes no difference whether ASUS has a well rated product or not. They have the absolute worst support for anything and everything. If you want to deal with a company like this go ahead, but be warned, they are pathetic. Their website is slow, clunky and very user unfriendly. Their support people are uniformed, rude and treat all end user as if they don't have a clue. I used to recommend Asus products but no more, I'm done with them and there NO support, support system. I've been in the IT field for 15 years and I know what I'm talking about, save yourself a lot of grief and find a quality product from a company that actually supports their customers.

kdnate
December 13, 2008 9:29:34 PM

I wish I'd seen your post before I bought an ASUS laptop for a customer. It came with a non-functioning fingerprint scanner. We called to get an rma. Their tech support troubleshot the thing with me, then told me I'd have to call back on Monday, have it diagnosed again, get DOAR number, send the laptop to them so they could test it again themselves and, finally, they would send out a refurb, assuming they still thought it was bad. I was told to expect to wait 5-7 business days NOT counting shipping time. For a DOA. Last time I buy anything from ASUS.

jra
Related resources
November 14, 2009 2:54:02 PM

I have another horror story from ASUS tech support. Bought a P5N-D motherboard from Newegg. One of the PCI-E 2.0 slots didn't work, so I sent it in for an RMA. When i got the board back, It wouldn't even POST! No startup screen, nothing! So I called ASUS support back, and was told that I would receive a shipping label by email. With this I could send out my RMA again. That day came and went, and I have yet to see the shipping label. So I tried to call ASUS support back to-day to see what went wrong, and they are closed on Saturdays! What horrible service. Next time I buy a motherboard, I'm going with DFI.

As a side note, couldn't they have a toll-free tech support number? I have wasted not only time, but also money on these pointless phone calls. I'm posting the number here too, since it is almost impossible to find on their horrid website.

ASUS Tech Support Number (US): 812-282-2787
January 8, 2010 6:12:30 PM

If Asus tech support Sucks then what about Gigabytes Tech support It suck
a million times, they never care for any customer
also if you have any problem with any Gigabytes products then you're in your own buddies.

jnsnburg said:
I actually had a quick question for them and the guy tells me that their staff is really busy and if they could call me back. Its been 3 days now....hmm...don't think they care about their customers. Next time I will buy something other than ASUS.

April 20, 2010 3:35:02 PM

I bought some HS-1000W headphones March 1 2010 - used them for 6 weeks to listen to music at work. Brought them home one evening, used them for skype, set them down to go do something, came back, and the left speaker & mic stopped working.

Submitted an RMA ticket April 15th, 2010, and did not get a response AT ALL through April 20th.

Decided to call them to get a response, and explained everything to them only to hear back "Unfortunately the manufacture date is what the warranty is valid from, not the purchase date, and those were made 2 years ago. The warranty is only 1 year."

"So I'm out $40 because you didn't put the manufacture date the box, and say the warranty is from that date, not purchase date?"

"Yes, sir."

*** ASUS and their products and their non-existent support. Never again will I buy from them, just as I won't buy graphics cards from ATI.
Anonymous
October 5, 2010 6:13:56 AM

I just bought the most exspensive computer that Asus makes, now I am all for giving another country a employment oppertunity, but to have your support in Jamaca is a joke, it sounded like they were having a party when I called, they didn't know their product and their advice was to take the computer back to best buy.

whoever had the bright idea of putting the support in Jamaca is dumb, and the person who hired him is even dumber, I can get better tech support from any person on the street, the product is only as good as the support!

your support people are rude, uninformed, and just plane dumb,it was painful just talking to them, I would love to know what the criteria is that you use to hire? to call them retarded would be an insult to retarded people, how are you still in business??? it wont be long, I am sure!!! you guys are on the way out
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 5, 2010 7:11:41 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!