Stupid network adapter....

pcnoob101

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
this is driving me nuts!
yesterday I start my pc and go in win7 and the internet wont work, I uninstalled the network adapter from device manager, and restarted the pc and it worked :fou: but if i shutdown the pc, the problems starts all the way from the begining.
its the 82562v network adapter from intel. I looked on their website, download the driver, unistalled the old one from device mangaer, installed the new and the old problem is still there! :fou: :fou:
this happened with me in vista BUT after I uninstalled it once and restarted the problem was fixed unlike win7 which makes the prob keep coming back.

I'm I doing something wrong in the installation? or what?
Im I stuck with this problem until win7 is released and then intel will release a win7 compatable driver?

Solution
When you removed the driver via the device manager, did you select the option to delete the source file as well? Best to remove all traces of the driver then download a fresh copy (do this on another machine if you have one, or do it while the NIC is working on the affected system before beginning the removal).

If it's still giving you headaches, perhaps install another OS on a spare drive if you have any (or if you can borrow one from a friend) and see if the problem occurs under say, Ubuntu? If it is, you're looking at a defective NIC and will need to begin the RMA process.
When you removed the driver via the device manager, did you select the option to delete the source file as well? Best to remove all traces of the driver then download a fresh copy (do this on another machine if you have one, or do it while the NIC is working on the affected system before beginning the removal).

If it's still giving you headaches, perhaps install another OS on a spare drive if you have any (or if you can borrow one from a friend) and see if the problem occurs under say, Ubuntu? If it is, you're looking at a defective NIC and will need to begin the RMA process.

Solution