power supply for laptop

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2005 1:50:57 AM

I have a Inspiron 5100, works just fine, but tonight I was using the
laptop on the battery, I ran the battery down t5o about 30 % left. So
Ipluged in the power supply and it charged the battery to 100%, I kept
the power supply plugged in and after a couple hours I noticed the
battery was down to 50% and the power supply was cool, it was always
quite warm or even abit hot.
My question is did the charger over heat and self destruct or is there
a thjermal cut out inside and I have to wait till it resets on cool
down.

Thanks Roy

More about : power supply laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2005 9:17:47 PM

Hi!

It sounds like your computer's power supply gave it up.

I'd look for any cables that got disconnected and check to be sure that the
wall outlet is "live" with a lamp or something.

A replacement AC cord might be worth trying too. They cost a few bucks and
might solve your problem.

My money is still on the power "brick" though. Your computer is probably
fine.

William
!