Lost connection Icon in Task Bar

Hi im new here, Hope someone can help.

I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when i
want to disconnect from dial up i have to close down or restart my pc.
im running win xp 2.

--
DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
3 answers Last reply

    [Start]
    Control Panel
    Network Connections
    Right-click on your internet connection
    Click Properties
    Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
    Click [OK]

    "Donegal" <Donegal.1sec1y@> wrote in message

    > Hi I'm new here, Hope someone can help.
    >
    > I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when I
    > want to disconnect from dial up I have to close down or restart my PC.
    > I'm running win XP 2.
    >

    > --
    > DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    It does not work for me too (winXP SP2). What is strange is that the
    connection status is "disconnected" even when I am connected. Thus the icon
    will re-appear only if I refresh (F5) the "Network Connections" folder. One
    solution to disconnect is to type "rasphone" in the "Run" command and then
    choose "hang-up".

    It is not entirely satisfactory and I am looking forward a long-term
    solution for the tray icon.

    ch90

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > [Start]
    > Control Panel
    > Network Connections
    > Right-click on your internet connection
    > Click Properties
    > Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
    > Click [OK]
    >

    > "Donegal" <Donegal.1sec1y@> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi I'm new here, Hope someone can help.
    > >
    > > I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when I
    > > want to disconnect from dial up I have to close down or restart my PC.
    > > I'm running win XP 2.
    > >

    > > --
    > > DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

  3. i gt an idea on hw to reconnect n disconnect
    open ur network connection .. refresh to see ur connection status.
    to disconnect , right lcik on it n choose disconnect. then refresh again... u can right click the icon again n choose connect.... it works for mi but i still need it to be same as before.. anyone who know it plz pm mi...

Connection Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP