Lost connection Icon in Task Bar

July 19, 2005 7:58:11 AM

Hi im new here, Hope someone can help.

I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when i
want to disconnect from dial up i have to close down or restart my pc.
im running win xp 2.

--
DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

[Start]
Control Panel
Network Connections
Right-click on your internet connection
Click Properties
Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
Click [OK]

"Donegal" <Donegal.1sec1y@> wrote in message

> Hi I'm new here, Hope someone can help.
>
> I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when I
> want to disconnect from dial up I have to close down or restart my PC.
> I'm running win XP 2.
>

> --
> DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:26:03 AM

It does not work for me too (winXP SP2). What is strange is that the
connection status is "disconnected" even when I am connected. Thus the icon
will re-appear only if I refresh (F5) the "Network Connections" folder. One
solution to disconnect is to type "rasphone" in the "Run" command and then
choose "hang-up".

It is not entirely satisfactory and I am looking forward a long-term
solution for the tray icon.

ch90

"Michael T" wrote:

> [Start]
> Control Panel
> Network Connections
> Right-click on your internet connection
> Click Properties
> Check the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected"
> Click [OK]
>

> "Donegal" <Donegal.1sec1y@> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi I'm new here, Hope someone can help.
> >
> > I have lost my connection Icon from the task bar. means that when I
> > want to disconnect from dial up I have to close down or restart my PC.
> > I'm running win XP 2.
> >

> > --
> > DonegalPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

November 12, 2008 9:45:52 AM

i gt an idea on hw to reconnect n disconnect
open ur network connection .. refresh to see ur connection status.
to disconnect , right lcik on it n choose disconnect. then refresh again... u can right click the icon again n choose connect.... it works for mi but i still need it to be same as before.. anyone who know it plz pm mi...
!