NetGear v311v2 freezes every few seconds

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Hi,

I recently installed a NetGear v311v2 PCI on my Windows 2000 machine. This
is connected to the Internet via a WGR614 wireless router.

Every few seconds my Windows 2000 machine freezes for about half a second.
This has occurred since I installed the wireless card and its software.

Does anyone know how to rectify this problem?

Thanks,

Anon.

Does all of your settings match that of the router? Double check to
make sure that the SSID and the WEP settings match, etc. Afterwards,
unplug the power cord of the router then plug it back in. Hope this
helps.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:26:10 +0100, "Anon" <voidrubbish@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recently installed a NetGear v311v2 PCI on my Windows 2000 machine. This
>is connected to the Internet via a WGR614 wireless router.
>
>Every few seconds my Windows 2000 machine freezes for about half a second.
>This has occurred since I installed the wireless card and its software.
>
>Does anyone know how to rectify this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Anon.

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Yes, they both match. I've left the SSID on the default (NETGEAR) and for
the moment am using an open network with no security.