Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Acer Aspire 5745g - PCI Simple Communications Controller

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 13, 2010 8:36:28 PM

Hi,

I have a recently bought Acer Aspire 5745g and made a clean install of Windows 7 since I couldn't stand all the jibberish that accompanied the laptop in the first place. However, when I run all the drivers provided by Acer (their website, didn't get any CD/DVD) all devices except one function properly; "PCI simple communications controller".

Without pushing the Aspire nearly as hard as I could push my old one (3 years old HP nx9420) it got too warm and froze twice. Hence I'm thinking the "PCI simple communications controller" maybe could have something to do with the fan speed (barely noticeable wind-flow)??

The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

I would be so :love:  ooo grateful if someone could point me in the right direction towards locating what shitty little file I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!,

Gus
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 1:33:34 AM

"PCI simple communications controller" I doubt it's what's causing you problems.
It's not an uncommon issue to see a yellow flag on it. I've had one on Vista and now on W7, it's now been that way for about 3years+ without having any effect on the working of my pc, I know of others that have the same issue.
Apart from being annoying to see the yellow flag, nothing is amiss and pc if working fine.
Windows updates finds nothing.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 14, 2010 3:30:13 PM

Cassandra, the update didn't give me anything but a malicious spyware removal tool...

Jonmor68, I've heard that the PCI simple communications controller isn't that important "to get rid of" but since I had the heat issues I couldn't help investigating...

The Acer support told me that the fan speed is controlled from the BIOS and that I already have the latest driver... I then asked them for the exact name of my motherboard so I could try a driver from Intels site. However, they didn't possess that information and refused to investigate in the matter since "they don't support" clean installs... r*tards!

Could the PCI simple communications controller have something to do with the fan speed control? If so, is there any neat way to discover the exact name of the motherboard without having to disassemble the whole comp?

Thanks for your answers, truly appreciated!

/Gus
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 15, 2010 12:20:57 PM

This solution worked for me on my Aspire Ethos 8943g Twn...

Go acer homepage, support, download.
Click aplications.
Download "Application_Intel_6.0.0.1179_W7x64_A"
Unpack and go: \drivers\MEI_SOL_Installer_NO_IMSS
run Setup

After this check yours device manager, thing dissapear and move itself to system devices...

daemon
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 4:37:48 PM

Quote:
This solution worked for me on my Aspire Ethos 8943g Twn...

Go acer homepage, support, download.
Click aplications.
Download "Application_Intel_6.0.0.1179_W7x64_A"
Unpack and go: \drivers\MEI_SOL_Installer_NO_IMSS
run Setup

After this check yours device manager, thing dissapear and move itself to system devices...

daemon


There's no such application for my model... The single file found in "applications" is <OpticalDrive PM Acer>

Should I perhaps try the very same file you used even if it's not adapted to my model?

Thanks!

/Gus
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 17, 2010 4:41:20 PM

I'd bet that "PCI simple communications controller" is an analog modem. Don't worry about it; you don't need it unless your Internet access is dial-up.
m
0
l
September 11, 2010 4:47:11 AM

hompedompe said:
There's no such application for my model... The single file found in "applications" is <OpticalDrive PM Acer>

Should I perhaps try the very same file you used even if it's not adapted to my model?

Thanks!

/Gus



I had the same problem on my new 4820T afer installing an SSD and starting fresh with windows. I just fixed it using an inference from Anonymous's suggestion. I found a file on Acer's site for my model under Drivers hat was called "Turbo Boost Driver (Manageability Engine Code)" by Intel with a version number matching the application referenced above (6.0.0.1179). In that zip file, I went to \drivers\MEI_SQL_Installer_NO_IMSS, ran the setup.exe and the dangling device got moved to the System Devices section with the name Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

Hope this helps.
m
0
l
December 26, 2010 1:34:52 PM

Quote:
This solution worked for me on my Aspire Ethos 8943g Twn...

Go acer homepage, support, download.
Click aplications.
Download "Application_Intel_6.0.0.1179_W7x64_A"
Unpack and go: \drivers\MEI_SOL_Installer_NO_IMSS
run Setup

After this check yours device manager, thing dissapear and move itself to system devices...

daemon


This worked perfectly for me. Thankyou for posting so others could find this.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 416 $ Windows 7
December 26, 2010 3:31:00 PM

its the chipset drivers!
m
0
l
December 30, 2010 6:14:41 AM

Right click on the drivers and choose Update Driver Software and after that choose search automatically updated driver they may work
m
0
l
May 22, 2011 8:20:52 AM

thanks , it also work for my notebook aspire 4820T
m
0
l
May 1, 2012 10:35:50 AM

PerpetualBurn said:
This worked perfectly for me. Thankyou for posting so others could find this.


thnx PerpetualBurn it works as step by step your instruction, you are great
m
0
l
September 10, 2013 8:18:25 AM

I solved this problem on my Acer V3 571 by installing the realtek driver for the card reader...not the broadcom driver from acer. In my case, I am running win 8 64-bit, and googled and got a free download of realtek 6.1.8400.27013. As soon as I ran it my device left the other devices/ problem flag and went to memory technology devices/pcie card reader and showed proper functioning.

Basically, it looks like the device on the pci wants to see a realtek driver, not broadcom. See http://acer-laptop-driver.blogspot.com/2013/04/acer-asp...




hompedompe said:
Hi,

I have a recently bought Acer Aspire 5745g and made a clean install of Windows 7 since I couldn't stand all the jibberish that accompanied the laptop in the first place. However, when I run all the drivers provided by Acer (their website, didn't get any CD/DVD) all devices except one function properly; "PCI simple communications controller".

Without pushing the Aspire nearly as hard as I could push my old one (3 years old HP nx9420) it got too warm and froze twice. Hence I'm thinking the "PCI simple communications controller" maybe could have something to do with the fan speed (barely noticeable wind-flow)??

The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

I would be so :love:  ooo grateful if someone could point me in the right direction towards locating what shitty little file I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!,

Gus


m
0
l
January 30, 2014 10:17:56 PM

oegeorge said:
I solved this problem on my Acer V3 571 by installing the realtek driver for the card reader...not the broadcom driver from acer. In my case, I am running win 8 64-bit, and googled and got a free download of realtek 6.1.8400.27013. As soon as I ran it my device left the other devices/ problem flag and went to memory technology devices/pcie card reader and showed proper functioning.

Basically, it looks like the device on the pci wants to see a realtek driver, not broadcom. See http://acer-laptop-driver.blogspot.com/2013/04/acer-asp...




hompedompe said:
Hi,

I have a recently bought Acer Aspire 5745g and made a clean install of Windows 7 since I couldn't stand all the jibberish that accompanied the laptop in the first place. However, when I run all the drivers provided by Acer (their website, didn't get any CD/DVD) all devices except one function properly; "PCI simple communications controller".

Without pushing the Aspire nearly as hard as I could push my old one (3 years old HP nx9420) it got too warm and froze twice. Hence I'm thinking the "PCI simple communications controller" maybe could have something to do with the fan speed (barely noticeable wind-flow)??

The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

I would be so :love:  ooo grateful if someone could point me in the right direction towards locating what shitty little file I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!,

Gus




m
0
l
January 30, 2014 10:20:09 PM

HI SIR I AM DHIRENDRA K PAL DRIVER ACER DOWNLORD MODEL NO ASPIRE5742Z NOT ANSWER
m
0
l
August 22, 2014 4:52:52 PM

hompedompe said:
Hi,

I have a recently bought Acer Aspire 5745g and made a clean install of Windows 7 since I couldn't stand all the jibberish that accompanied the laptop in the first place. However, when I run all the drivers provided by Acer (their website, didn't get any CD/DVD) all devices except one function properly; "PCI simple communications controller".

Without pushing the Aspire nearly as hard as I could push my old one (3 years old HP nx9420) it got too warm and froze twice. Hence I'm thinking the "PCI simple communications controller" maybe could have something to do with the fan speed (barely noticeable wind-flow)??

The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

I would be so :love:  ooo grateful if someone could point me in the right direction towards locating what shitty little file I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!,

Gus


Hi Gus,

Dont know if you have found a solution yet but I have just been doing as you did and installed fresh copy of windows 7 and finally found this file "AMT_Intel_6.0.0.1179_W7x86W7x64_A" on Acer driver page http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers to do the job.

Tim.
m
0
l
2 minutes ago

I just did a fresh install on the Aspire 4745g and had the same problem. What did it for me was the "iAMT_Intel_6.0.0.1179_Win7x86x64" or "Intel Management Engine Interface". I got it off of acer.com from "Suppor" > "Drivers and Manuals". I still have no idea what it is.

hompedompe said:
Hi,

I have a recently bought Acer Aspire 5745g and made a clean install of Windows 7 since I couldn't stand all the jibberish that accompanied the laptop in the first place. However, when I run all the drivers provided by Acer (their website, didn't get any CD/DVD) all devices except one function properly; "PCI simple communications controller".

Without pushing the Aspire nearly as hard as I could push my old one (3 years old HP nx9420) it got too warm and froze twice. Hence I'm thinking the "PCI simple communications controller" maybe could have something to do with the fan speed (barely noticeable wind-flow)??

The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_035B1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

I would be so :love:  ooo grateful if someone could point me in the right direction towards locating what shitty little file I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!,

Gus


m
0
l
!