i'm working in china and using a laptop and LAN both at work and in an
apartment.
all i need to do is disable firewall client after work and internet is ok in
apartment.
my boss has exactly same configuration as my laptop but whilst being able to
use it at work is unable to get it working in the apartment. ay suggestions
would be really helpful

thanks in advance

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

check to see if the IP address is static or if its set to automaticall detect
settings.
right click internet explorer, select properties, select connectons, LAN
settings, select automatically detect settings. I used to have a machine
that I would have to power down the modem and laptop and restart both it and
the laptop.
--
Don Kendrick

"Stirlaq" wrote:

> i'm working in china and using a laptop and LAN both at work and in an
> apartment.
> all i need to do is disable firewall client after work and internet is ok in
> apartment.
> my boss has exactly same configuration as my laptop but whilst being able to
> use it at work is unable to get it working in the apartment. ay suggestions
> would be really helpful
>
> thanks in advance

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

An after thought. Check the TCP/IP settings open my computer. open my
network places, select show network connectins, right click on local
connection and select properties, highlight TCP/IP and click on properties
select the automatic connection here as well.
--
Don Kendrick