Hi

Win XP2, Norton I/net Security with firewall and ADSL i/net connection via
Speedtouch modem at 2.2 Mbps. After connection computer hangs for between 0
and 20 minutes. During this time you cannot launch programs or download
mail. The mouse arrow changes to egg timer then back to arrow when you try
to launch a program. After the hang time all attempts to execute during the
hang suddenly execute, opening those programs.

Any ideas?

--
John

Are you sure NIS is setup to allow your connection? Have you done a recent
program scan for the firewall in personal firewall, configure, programs,
programs scan? You might also need to check your active X add-ons in Internet
options, programs, manage add-ons... Look for any recent entries that are not
verified and try to disable if possible. I had a problem with Panda scan's
active X files when the CPU went critical , with NIS and Panda not getting
along for some reason.

"John Green" wrote:
> Hi
>
> Win XP2, Norton I/net Security with firewall and ADSL i/net connection via
> Speedtouch modem at 2.2 Mbps. After connection computer hangs for between 0
> and 20 minutes. During this time you cannot launch programs or download
> mail. The mouse arrow changes to egg timer then back to arrow when you try
> to launch a program. After the hang time all attempts to execute during the
> hang suddenly execute, opening those programs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> John

Thanks for suggestions. Have put into action - see how we go from there.

Regards
John