Play Sound only from DVD

Dumb question, but... Have a DVD with a great sound track. No interest in
watching just to hear the music, but don't want to destroy it. Anyone know
if putting the disk into an el cheapo, boom-box style CD player will play the
audio only ? Without ruining the whole disk ? When asked this question, my
first thought was No, it won't play it. But promised I would ask the experts
here.... Anyone ever tried this ? What hapened ?
Will appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about play sound

    You need a DVD player to play a DVD disc.
    A CD player cannot play a DVD.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "bobnrobin" wrote:

    | Dumb question, but... Have a DVD with a great sound track. No interest in
    | watching just to hear the music, but don't want to destroy it. Anyone know
    | if putting the disk into an el cheapo, boom-box style CD player will play the
    | audio only ? Without ruining the whole disk ? When asked this question, my
    | first thought was No, it won't play it. But promised I would ask the experts
    | here.... Anyone ever tried this ? What hapened ?
    | Will appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks.

    Thanks, Carey. That's what I thought, but promised the questioner I'd ask
    the experts...
    Thanks again.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You need a DVD player to play a DVD disc.
    > A CD player cannot play a DVD.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "bobnrobin" wrote:
    >
    > | Dumb question, but... Have a DVD with a great sound track. No interest in
    > | watching just to hear the music, but don't want to destroy it. Anyone know
    > | if putting the disk into an el cheapo, boom-box style CD player will play the
    > | audio only ? Without ruining the whole disk ? When asked this question, my
    > | first thought was No, it won't play it. But promised I would ask the experts
    > | here.... Anyone ever tried this ? What hapened ?
    > | Will appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks.

    You can of course use software that can rip the audio from the DVD which you
    can then burn it to CD-Rom,
    DVD Audio Extractor 3.3.1 which is available at www.download.com
    this software should do the trick!

    Arioch
    www.vanessa-mae.co.uk

    "bobnrobin" wrote:

    > Dumb question, but... Have a DVD with a great sound track. No interest in
    > watching just to hear the music, but don't want to destroy it. Anyone know
    > if putting the disk into an el cheapo, boom-box style CD player will play the
    > audio only ? Without ruining the whole disk ? When asked this question, my
    > first thought was No, it won't play it. But promised I would ask the experts
    > here.... Anyone ever tried this ? What hapened ?
    > Will appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks.

DVD Windows XP